Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Company’s leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Their real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. They also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join their team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Minimum Experience: 5 years
Who you are:
You’re an experienced software engineer with superb software development skills interested in helping build reliable systems that deliver actionable information to the customers in real-time. As well as owning significant parts of the company’s backend systems, you’ll mentor and train other engineers and care about how to make the team more effective every day.
What you’ve done before:
- Built APIs from scratch using NodeJS and Express based frameworks
- Built complex integrations and ETL pipelines for data synchronization
- Developed and deployed code to AWS Lambda (using the serverless framework or similar)
- Defined database schema, managed migrations and developed queries using both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Deployed applications to AWS and have familiarity with common services and developing using the AWS SDK
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving skills and solid understanding of backend technologies
- Gathered business requirements and translated them into technical requirements
- Strong with TypeScript
- Familiarity with code versioning tools including Git and CI/CD systems such as Gitlab Pipelines or Circle CI
- Familiarity with Swagger
- Created and used Postman collections for API testing
- API testing frameworks (e.g. Jest, Mocha)
What success looks like in this role:
In this role, you will build the backend applications that allow frontend and mobile applications to retrieve terabytes of alert data in real-time and:
- contribute code to production systems from the get-go.
- spend time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on the tech stack and infrastructure with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- design significant features that impact multiple platforms and apps.
- own portions of the product suite and be responsible for reliability.
Why you should work at Dataminr:
- Dataminr recognises and rewards hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance, Vision Care and Income Protection and Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- Dataminr wants you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical wellbeing, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership.
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1