About this role
Weaviate is a low-latency, large-scale vector database. As such, any code that lands on the hot path has the potential to be very optimized. Weaviate’s users care about low latency and high throughput. In addition, reducing the build times for our vector indices makes their users happy. Similarly, you are passionate about eliminating heap allocations when a stack allocation would have been more efficient. You like writing code that is friendly to CPU caches without sacrificing readability, reliability, and ease of use. You are not discouraged by the limitations of programming languages, but rather see those as opportunities to push boundaries and become creative. You are used to working in a metrics-driven fashion and measuring performance improvements. In addition to making Weaviate perform better and reduce operating costs, you will help the entire team to set up benchmarks, make performance part of continuous integration and work in a performance-first manner.
What they are looking for
- You have experience with working on performance-critical code
- You enjoy working on low-level optimizations
- You have strong experience with Golang and a great understanding of how memory management works in Golang.
- Alternatively, you have strong experience in C/C++/Rust and are convinced that this will translate to Golang
- You are passionate about diving into new algorithms, such as ANN algorithms for vector similarity search and engineering them in a performant fashion
- You are a great communicator and team player
What they offer
- 100% remote with flexible work hours.
- Competitive compensation, including paid time off.
- You will work at the forefront of search, ML/AI, and cloud-native technologies – and all of it is open source.
- An atmosphere that encourages learning and personal growth, with very experienced team members to learn from.
- Opportunities to speak at conferences, publish blog posts, videos, etc. (We are aware that this is not for everyone and is therefore optional).
About SeMI Technologies
At SeMI Technologies, they believe that the next wave of software infrastructure is AI-first and that a solid open-source community is the basis for creating high-quality software. their flagship solution is the vector search engine Weaviate, with which they aim to serve any community member, large or small, all over the world. Will you join them in this mission?
- Openness by Default – they believe that the best way to create community and build new technology can only be done by being open and transparent. The open nature of their company is not limited to open-source software but also how they communicate with the outside world.
- Listening to their Community – the community of users and customers around the technologies they build have been tremendously gracious in giving them feedback, sharing ideas, and contributing ideas. They go to great lengths to listen and process all forms of feedback to create the best solutions they can.
- Quality – they create core infrastructure that companies in any industry, foundations, and governments rely on. This means they need to develop high-quality software and processes to support them. Every change in software and processes must stand reliability and performance quality control. They always think about the production environment and the impact on existing, and new users first. Additionally, they show their standards through developer friendly-UX and open-source software.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1