Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Company’s leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Their real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. They also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join their team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by the passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Minimum Experience: 5 years
Who you are:
You’re an experienced software engineer with superb Python development skills interested in working on a high profile integration project within Dataminr. You have built APIs for large scale commercial applications in the past, implementing best practice development/testing standards and enjoy working on complex integrations between multiple systems.
What you’ve done before:
- Development using Python and backend frameworks such as Flask, FastAPI or Django
- Consumed AWS services using the Python SDK including S3 and SQS
- Built complex APIs from the ground up with SSO authentication
- Implemented Postgres for persistent storage of application data
- Worked with code versioning tools including Git and CI/CD systems such as Gitlab Pipelines or Circle CI
- Defined database schema and developed best practice approaches to indexing and partitioning
- Constructed and optimized SQL queries using explain analyze and slow query logging
- Written tests using pytest and implemented mocks for external dependencies
- Worked with in memory caches such as Redis to ensure endpoints are performant at scale
- Used swagger to define and document API functionality
What success looks like in this role:
In this role, you will:
- contribute code from the get-go.
- spend time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on the tech stack and analytics tooling with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- implement valuable tracking used to understand user behavior and inform future engineering efforts
Why you should work at Dataminr:
- Dataminr recognises and rewards hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance, Vision Care and Income Protection and Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- Dataminr wants you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical wellbeing, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership.
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1