About the department:
They’re the beating heart of Farfetch, supporting the running of the business and exploring new and exciting technologies across web, mobile and in-store to help them transform the industry. Split across four main offices – New York, London, Porto & Lisbon – they are the fastest growing team in the business. They’re committed to turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help them shape tomorrow’s customer experience.
This position will contribute to the engineering of next-generation data science products as well as to interfaces that connect their Machine Learning technology to the vast ecosystem of internal and external applications. In this role you will have the chance to be part of a highly visible team and work exclusively on large scale, high-impact projects.
You will be expected to be familiar with the following tools or similar: Docker, Flask, PyTest, SQLAlchemy, Celery, RabbitMQ, Postgres, Spark, Airflow, Kubernetes, BigQuery, Elasticsearch, Terraform, Ansible, Google Compute Engine.
A flavor of some libraries used by the Data Science team: Scikit-learn, PyTorch, NumPy, PyStan.
What you’ll do:
- Collaboratively design, build and maintain Python micro-services in their multi-cloud data platform
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Software Engineers, Tech Ops, and Release Engineers to deliver efficient data products
- Work with the Big Data team to develop and maintain large scale Data Science services
- Assist Data Scientists in maintaining the health of production systems
- Design and develop scalable and performance oriented services with strong emphasis in algorithmic design and scalability
- Provide creative ideas to improve our product and technology
Who you are:
- At least 5 years of senior software experience with ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science with strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Proficiency in Python and experience in the creation of services using frameworks like Flask/Django; Experience in the scientific stack (numpy, scipy, sklearn, pandas)
- Disciplined approach to testing and QA (TDD/BDD, code review, documentation)
- Experienced in distributed systems, service oriented architectures, design and implementation of high throughput, low latency applications
- Experienced in containerization tools like Docker and configuration management tools like Ansible
- Experienced building and scaling batch/asynchronous systems. Airflow/Luigi/Celery/RabbitMQ
- Solid knowledge of the whole stack: front-end, back-end, databases, cache layer, HTTP protocol, TCP/IP, Linux, CPU architecture, etc
- Solid understanding of the pros and cons of SQL/NoSQL
- Nice to have: Experience designing large scale systems that take advantage of Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Hive, BigQuery, etc
- A collaborative team player willing to share his/her extensive experience and knowledge with the team
- An independent worker, comfortable in a startup environment that is fun, creative and energetic
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1