Wayfair’s founders, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah, kick-started their careers as engineers-turned-entrepreneurs, growing an e-commerce business over several years with an exceptional mission: Everyone should live in a home they love.
From Marketing Engineering and Proprietary Logistics, to Infrastructure Engineering, we leverage open source technology to create our own platforms and tools. We build our market share by providing innovative, technical solutions for our customer’s needs and by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement – all while growing our revenue over $7+ billion.
Who we are?
We have multiple opportunities for Software Engineers looking to solve real-world, operational challenges in a dynamic, iterative environment. Live tracking a delivery to a customer, creating new shopping experiences, tracking through Google Home interfaces or just building highly performant systems that also have high availability, high scalability and visability
What You’ll Do?
As a Senior Software Engineer At Wayfair You Will
- Drive the design and implementation of product enhancements to our operational engineering systems and workflows, all while pushing the limits of data processing at Wayfair
- Lead multiple sprint teams ranging from 2 to 5 Software Engineers and own features developed by your team in each phase of a project design, implementation, code review, QA and deployment to production.
- Identify and deliver solutions and strategies to push the boundaries of our tech stack to handle scalability and performance goals.
- Drive the creation and execution of quarterly roadmaps for product enhancements and technical improvements, in collaboration with product management to align with Wayfair’s business strategy.
- Actively mentor and coach all direct reports.
- Plan and budget for headcount resourcing to achieve business objectives.
- Lead engineering work with complex data systems in a proactive, iterative, agile environment
- Challenge existing architectural/code quality and advocate for improvements by setting new standards
- Work on problems of scale – we have a global audience, you will help build systems that are highly performant, reliable and fault tolerant for users across US, Canada and Europe
- Be a mentor/coach for junior Engineers on the team
Who you are?
- A team player – someone who easily adapts to the situation and puts the team agenda first.
- Someone who is passionate about providing the best customer experience.
- An engineer who values curiosity, collaboration, and an eagerness to make an impact on the business.
- 6+ years of professional experience as a full stack software engineer.
- 6+ years of OOP using PHP, C#, Java, Scala or other OOP language (must be willing/open to working with PHP).
- 3+ years of hands-on Relational Database experience, preferably SQL (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, must be willing to learn T-SQL) & relational database schema design.
- Experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements preferred.
- You are interested in solving tough challenges: We are currently working on building new systems that scale horizontally, so experience with Storm/Spark and Kafka is a plus, along with experience using cloud technologies
- Understanding of software architecture to help empower software developers to leverage the platform with reliability, and more importantly failures in mind
- Have hands-on experience designing, building and maintaining of the full customer facing application stack.
- Ability to communicate effectively business users and develop positive working relationships with other technologists
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred
- Open and willing to relocate to Boston, MA to co-locate with our Software Engineering teams
About UsWayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1