DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, Robotics (Clinical Applications) to be located in Boston, MA; or Raynham, MA. Please note, we also have a temporary satellite office in Mansfield, MA where candidates may also be based.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Senior Software Engineer, Robotics (Clinical Applications) will report to the Sr. Manager Spine Robotics of Digital Orthopedic Surgery. This position is an opportunity to be one of the ground floor members of this exciting team. In this newly created position, the Software Engineer will translate product requirements into equipment software requirements and develop test cases for software verification and validation. Interface with equipment integrators for reviewing software requirements and design, control of source code, reviewing code, configuration management, change management, program testing, integration of software, and release management process.
In This Role You Will
- Work with global development teams to deliver a novel digital surgical platform and surgical tools.
- Collaborate with software development team members to design, develop, and maintain software.
- Develop software for prototypes, evaluating technical feasibility.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional team members (electrical, mechanical, regulatory, quality, marketing, clinical, manufacturing, etc.) from initial product concept thru final product launch.
- Develop/implement and document software requirements, code, and unit testing
- Test and troubleshoot software and provide solutions or investigate alternative design options
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment and deliver highest quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Value robust design practices, such as, unit testing, code review and integration testing.
- Demonstrate superb oral and written communication skills, collaborating as part of a team, working seamlessly with team members across various global locations.
- To ensure timely execution of project objectives, the candidate must have strong problem-solving skills and initiative and the ability to provide efficient escalation of issues to the appropriate accountable party.
- Able to work with geographically distributed teams and with teams from diverse backgrounds.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field is required.
- A M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or other engineering discipline is plus.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressive software development work experience (SDLC) is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of software application development in C++ , C# and other object oriented languages is required.
- Experience with at least two of the followings areas is required: hardware control, user interface, threading, or enterprise systems.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is highly preferred.
- Experience working with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Bitbucket) preferred.
- Experience with software development in a regulated industry (FDA, FAA, or similar) is highly preferred.
- Medical device software development preferred.
- This position will be located in Boston, MA; or Raynham, MA. Please note, we also have a temporary satellite office in Mansfield, MA where candidates may also be based. Position will also require up to 15% travel depending on business needs.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Massachusetts, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)
- Hospital & Health Care
- Medical Device
- Information Technology