A Senior Software Engineer is a hands-on subject matter expert who is responsible for the implementation of design and prepare low level design documents. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of larger companies. This Engineer will need to have very strong Java, J2EE, Data Structures, SOA, Java Web Services, REST, Spring Framework, Unit testing Frameworks, JUNIT, TestNG and desirably Solr/lucene, Testing Frameworks like Rest Assured etc as well as have some exposure to NoSQL development. The successful applicant will work closely with cross functional teams in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time. The candidate should have worked on highly scalable applications / Websites and also possess QE mindset. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Design, implement, and unit test server-side J2EE/Java code.
- Strong knowledge of Java.
- Process large data logs to detect patterns and insights.
- Work in a full Agile collaborative environment – including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
- Hands-on system design and development as needed.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- BS/MS Degree required.
- 6+ years of full life cycle J2EE hands-on experience designing and developing large scale web applications on high traffic site(s).
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Spring, SOA, REST Web Services, JMS, XML, JSON.
- Good understanding of Data Structures & Algorithms.
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies such as HBase, Cassandra, Document DBs and In-Memory Caches.
- Preferred experience in NLP.
- Experience working with multi-threaded programming in high performance, distributed environments.
- Experience with UML diagramming is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Strong estimating and planning skills.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services environment.
- Proven ability as a problem-solver.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy’s Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you’re interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it’s really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
- Apparel & Fashion
- Information Technology & Services
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1