Macy’s Tech is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to ensure the applications are highly available, reliable, secure and scalable for Omni Channel Order Management and Supply Chain Platforms. We manage millions of orders per day from Macys.com, Bloomingdales.com, Mobile Apps, more than 500 stores, and Call Centers. Members of the team use cutting edge technologies and data techniques to discover solutions and build knowledge from the ground up, driving results that produce tangible impact and sustainable change.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer who has a passion to build new robust software, deploy in cloud and is responsible for providing solutions for wide array of problems in Supply Chain. The role involves building cutting edge solutions using modern technology and frameworks including all relevant components of the Google Cloud Platform. We are looking for someone who has a strong mindset of reliability engineering with a development background and experience transforming legacy applications & systems into next generation cloud native platforms on GCP or Azure. This person will work and collaborate closely with our software engineering, architecture and operations teams on cloud-based application observability and deployment as we begin our journey on building a cloud platform. 2+ years of Cloud Architecture and Operations including: migration, resilience, maintainability, and cost efficiency. Knowledge of the Google Cloud Platform is a strong plus.
The Senior Software Engineer role in Macy’s Technology is a hands-on leader in the design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. Translate business requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed application systems that are used by the business and support these systems while in production. Interface with internal customers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meet business requirements and designs, develops, tests, installs, and deploys the required software applications. Develop solutions utilizing a variety of software technologies, including new code construction, modifications to existing modules, configuration and/or package implementation. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Enables the adoption and implementation of cloud-based application reliability, resiliency, observability and deployment best practices for production & non-prod environments.
- Discover & Define SLA/SLO and identify business as well as systems KPIs.
- Enable robust instrumentation, collation, monitoring and utilization of such metrics along with operations/C&O teams. Define thresholds & help with alert orchestration.
- Provide 24×7 production support for owned applications on a rotational basis.
- Facilitate Blameless Post Mortem sessions, collaborate with cross functional teams and identify areas for improvement.
- Assist with designing and executing chaos/destructive testing, related analysis and provide feedback to requisite teams.
- Works independently and provides guidance within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies as appropriate.
- Serve as a coach/mentor to less experienced developers.
- Manage and delegate tasks as appropriate.
- Establish standards & best practices, design guidelines/principles and patterns and demonstrate a broad understanding of the applications and technical architectures.
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives. Bring technical and/or business systems knowledge from external sources and incorporates those ideas into IT work.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering and 4+ years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years of software development lifecycle experience preferred.
- Hands-on development experience with Java, Python or Go and related technologies, frameworks.
- Experience with tools & technologies such as Prometheus, Grafana, StackDriver, Distributed tracing, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, NewRelic, PagerDuty, WireShark is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience working with distributed systems and with 24×7 Production Services/environments.
- 2+ years of Cloud Architecture and Operations including: migration, resilience, maintainability, and cost efficiency. Knowledge of the Google Cloud Platform is a strong plus.
- 2+ years of experience with CI/CD tools such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Concourse, Sonar, Artifactory, Chef, Puppet, Spinnaker.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills including software, systems, and network.
- Experience with application Profiling Skills (Core Java, Thread Dumps etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management and key business partners.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Ability to perform solid analysis/troubleshooting to determine code and process inefficiencies.
- Ability to consider options and make decisions to improve reliability.
- Independently identifies, defines, and performs analysis to resolve code issues.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Enjoys working with collaboratively with a wide variety of teams within & outside domain.
- Highly motivated person with the ability to learn new technologies hands on an ongoing basis.
- Enjoys learning new things with the ability to quickly adopt and apply.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Apparel & Fashion
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1