They are a group of Machine Learning Researchers and Engineers, working to help Twitter demonstrate ML through a range of systems such as recommendations, safety, abuse, content understanding, ads and more. They operate at scale whilst ensuring fair and ethical use of their models and data.
They partner with product teams to improve their products, unlock new capabilities, make a real-world impact, and advance the state-of-the-art in advance the highest innovative technologies in ML.
What You Will Do
Apply your research expertise to improve their ML-driven products, help them develop new solutions and unlock new directions, as well as analyze and improve the systems they already have. You’ll work closely with product teams and ML researchers and engineers and mentor them on standard methodologies for modern ML, and keep the wider team informed on the state-of-the-art as well as alternative directions to take. You will lead research projects to enable Twitter to better bring to bear ML on its platforms and advance the state-of-the-art in ML. You will be collaborating on strategic decisions and future roadmaps for Machine Learning driven products and technologies at Twitter. Your impact will directly affect millions of Twitter users around the globe.
Who You Are
You have a broad knowledge of machine learning and have deep domain expertise in a meaningful application area – e.g. NLP, Computer Vision, Relational or Graph ML and have a strong track record of publications in top-level venues. You drive advances in the field. You are passionate about applying your skills to tackle problems and drive real-world impact. You are a recognized authority in your field and your Colleagues seek your advice and mentorship. You have established a reputation in the research community and are often sought as an invited speaker. You enthusiastically identify problems, opportunities, and strive to formulate machine learning problems and then drive research to address them. You have excellent interpersonal skills with partners and the experience to guide and mentor others.
Skills And Experience
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar field
- 10 years of experience with subject expertise in ML, with a focus on NLP or Deep Learning, graph, etc.)
- 3+ years of an independent research career, e.g. as faculty in a university or senior researcher in the industry
- Ability to inspire, influence and mentor people around you.
- Ability to engage with a variety of audiences up to and including the executive level.
- Strong theoretical grounding in core machine learning concepts and techniques
- Evidence of independence, originality, and creativity in research
- Excellent publication record in top conferences such as ICLR, NeurIPS, ICML, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, etc
- Recognition in the research community, as evidenced by e.g. invited keynote talks, program committee or editorial board membership
Nice To Haves
- Experience as an academic faculty
- Experience in an industrial research lab or a startup
- Experience with student supervision (and ideally successful graduates in the industry/academia)
- Experience with large-scale systems and data, e.g. Hadoop, distributed systems
- Experience with one or more of the following: Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Recommender Systems, Optimization, Graphs (especially large scale, Probabilistic Inference (e.g. Bayesian), Online Learning, Representation Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Few-shot learning, meta-learning, self-supervised learning, Counterfactual or Causal Machine Learning, Algorithmic Fairness.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Information (Disclosure is voluntary. If you do not wish to disclose, please select “Withold/Decline to Disclose”)
At Twitter, they have a bold aspiration to reach every person on the planet. They believe that the goal is more attainable with a team that understands and represents different cultures and backgrounds and they are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter.
This is where you come in! Please take a few minutes to provide them with your information. You are not required to provide this information and you may select “Decline to Disclose”. Your decision to provide information (or not) will not affect your employment or opportunities at Twitter.
Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1