Senior Software Developer – Analytics Platforms
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
About The Job
We are seeking an experienced, motivated Senior Software Developer with Full Stack skills, to participate in software development within an Agile team supporting our Analytic Platforms and Services department. You will be working on our existing analytics application, Cortex. This is an internally developed Java application that is intended to allow analytics teams to quickly create, manage and terminate their own scalable high-performance cloud computing and storage environments to support analytics, machine learning and big data projects.
Cortex includes a provisioning service that works with both AWS and Azure, a tools portal that allows users to work with popular data science tools like R and Python, a fully compliant security layer, and several utilities that make it easy to stage data science problems with Cortex. The Cortex team also works directly with Liberty data science teams in all markets to assist them with their projects and gather new requirements and insights to support the ongoing development of the platform.
The industry changes quickly, so we are looking for candidates who can respond to change, pick up new technologies quickly and adapt to changing requirements. We also want candidates who take pride in their work and have strong design and development expertise. We value quality code delivery and expect candidates to demonstrate competence at writing, testing and debugging Java code.
- Generally 5+ years of professional development experience in Java.
- Knowledge in web service development, design and specifications writing with SOAP or REST.
- Foundational knowledge or proficient in new and emerging technologies such as AWS, Azure and Cloud, DevOps, CI/CD and MicroServices.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication and collaboration skills.
- General knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Experience with layered system architectures and layered solutions; understanding of shared software concepts.
Highly Competitive Candidates Will Have
- R Language
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline preferably computer science or software development.
- Generally 5+ years of professional development experience
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience with layered system architectures and layered solutions; understanding of shared software concepts
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of a business function(s) and of business operations. Extensive knowledge of design and development tools.
- Extensive knowledge of architectures and technical standards.
- Extensive knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; extensive understanding of shared software concepts.
- Proficient in multiple programming languages and tools.
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
We take care of our employees…
That’s Why We Offer
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work—and in life.
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a ‘2016 Great Place to Work’ by Great Place to Work US.
For More Info About Our Benefits – Benefits Information
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual – Search Our Jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist – Show me the Videos
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1