They are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Their mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by their team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, they’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians, and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate, and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon their people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. They’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. They’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to them.
They serve millions, but they choose their people one at a time…
User Research champions the human-centred exploration of complex problems using evidence, data and insight to help them make better decisions. They are looking for an experienced Senior User Researcher who wants to join their Data Tribe.
Purpose Of The Role
- To represent design in the Data Tribe at Babylon.
- To work with product, delivery and technology team mates to deliver high quality experiences for Babylon’s data customers. You’ll be working on internal tools that enable their Data Analysts, Research Scientists, and/or Technical Clinicians to do their best every day. You’ll be working on uncovering insights to improve their APIs, or thier clinical informatics software tools, or helping them better understand the needs of their internal users.
- To deliver high quality work and actionable insights that achieve user and business goals.
- You will support the work of multiple squads according to key priorities running strategic and tactical User Research projects with your cross-functional peers (e.g. Product Managers, Developers, Product Designers, etc).
- You will manage your own time based on having an in depth understanding of the strategic and commercial priorities of the tribe and business and knowing how your work ladders up into this – you will prioritise based on what work will bring the biggest benefits and you will be able to succinctly and accurately explain this and your decisions to your team so that they understand the context for their work.
- You will run your own user research and/or collaborate with the designers in the team, but also have the skills and passion to proactively support other team members to do research as and when needed.
- Partner with designers in the team to craft and validate personas, scenarios, and jobs to be done for your area of the product
- Collaborate on user journey and service maps illustrating user needs, pain points, and business opportunities as they evolve their products to support Babylon’s data needs across the organisation.
- Help build a strong researcher and learner-mindset culture by sharing your experiences with the research chapter, being an evangelist for user-centric approaches in the broader organisation, and actively participating in the XD community.
- Flexibly and accurately deploying a number of research methods to understand different user groups.
- Executing a collaborative research process end-to-end including participant recruitment, creating prototypes and stimuli, and turning insights into actions for product development.
- Creating compelling and actionable research deliverables and insights which inspire empathy and drive both pragmatic and innovative solutions.
- Understanding and taking into account technical and business requirements when running research, including helping articulate how research is prioritised by the team.
- Analysing and integrating app analytics, surveys, market research and other quantitative research data as relevant.
- Actively shaping how they work together and build products.
- Facilitating brainstorming and working sessions with cross-disciplinary teams.
- You’re a detail-oriented and effective practitioner that consistently delivers high quality outputs and engaging insights.
- Able to communicate research effectively, regardless of audience.
- Passionate about bringing the lens of data and research to the product development process.
- Working on engineering-focused teams, usually as the only researcher, means you’ll need to be a great collaborator and communicator.
- Experience working in an agile, ‘agency style’ or product development settings, particularly in fast, changing environments, with an ability to quickly absorb new knowledge in new technical domains.
- Experience interpreting user and business needs into actionable outcomes. Ability to clarify success metrics, and tie efforts toward delivering user and business value. Taking initiative to make decisions with the appropriate level of risk and impact.
- You have a passion to build a product that serves humanity
- You are compassionate and caring towards others. You respect the views and ideas of others;
- You work in a straight-forward, collaborative and inclusive way and is non-political;
- You are tenacious, in the pursuit to delight our users. You strive for excellence in all you do and always look to improve their service and product;
- You regularly seek to turn ideas into action and inject creativity into every touch point. You question common practice to challenge the norm;
- Frequently has a can-do attitude and a positive viewpoint;
- Takes ownership and always delivers against what is agreed.
- You are experienced in the execution of multiple mixed-method research approaches. On top of your strong general toolkit, you also have deep specialisation in a few key methods or areas which make you a go-to person in the team:
- You have demonstrable experience of a wide range of evaluative research methods and techniques.
- You have led generative or discovery projects for a product or an entire service.
- You have a wide-reaching understanding of frameworks and psychological principles that you are confident in applying.
- Familiarity with quantitative research methods, an understanding of metrics and A/B testing, and willingness to integrate quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- You proactively and confidently take the lead in syncing up insights across a product area, participating in processes and rituals that help break down silos and socialise cross-functional insights.
- You take responsibility for sharing insights and creating a strong narrative that ensures people understand what they are building, why, and what impact it will have.
Research Leadership Skills
- You are able to establish rapport with a wide variety of colleagues and are an eager advocate of User Research.
- You love giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback.
- You support their team culture of openness and transparency where people feel safe and able to do their best work.
- You connect your team’s efforts with a deep understanding of the wider ecosystem around you, working closely with the other researchers in your tribe and cross-functional teams to inform a seamless and human-centred experience.
- You have the confidence to say no to work that you feel compromises ethics or quality, escalating concerns on behalf of yourself and your team where appropriate.
- You support tribe leadership in shaping the future of the product by taking research and turning it into valuable insights that power their decision making.
- You have at least four years’ experience leading User Research to aid product development in fast-paced agile cross-functional teams, particularly for software tools, responsive web or native apps.
- You’ve been working in an in-house, agency or consultancy role, leading the delivery of end-to-end human-centred research that directly supports shipped products, capacity-building programmes or strategic initiatives.
- You will have a degree in a related field (for example Human/Computer Interaction, UX Research, Psychology, Social Science, Anthropology).
- Experience working on complex software apps/products for specialist users.
- Experience working with predominantly technical, engineering teams or environments.
- Experience working in Healthcare, with an understanding of healthcare and/or data regulations
- You have experience evangelising User Research within a growing organisation.
They believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything they do. From their people to their products, difference enriches every part of their business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. They’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Babylon, they have Power of Diversity groups (PODs) to drive positive engagements that create and foster a diverse and inclusive environment and they seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates.
Their mission is to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. Diversity and inclusion play a key role in helping them bring this mission to life and create a true sense of belonging for all.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1