Do you get excited by driving product impact via measurement and evaluation, for products and services used by hundreds of millions of people globally? The vision for the Siri Data organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of their customers. Within this organization, the mission of the Search Analytics team is to inform product evolution through measurement, evaluation, and analysis of the user experience. As a Data Scientist, you will partner with Search engineering teams to improve search quality and guide feature development with data, to deliver amazing search experiences across iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Mac, Watch, tv, across dozens of languages.
- Expertise in statistical data analysis and A/B testing, and in crafting, conducting, analyzing, and interpreting experiments and investigations.
- Experience articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Capable of driving projects of varying sizes and scopes, with good judgment on when to dive deep vs when to not invest.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to naturally explain difficult technical topics (especially causal topics) to everyone from data scientists to engineers to business partners.
- Strong programming skills, including data-querying skills (SQL and/or Spark, etc.) and experience with a scripting language for data processing and development (e.g., Python, R, or Scala).
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
The Siri Data organization is seeking a talented Data Scientist to conduct methodological research in the realm of evaluation and metrics and partner closely with Siri Search engineering teams to iterate on their products using data.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of Siri Search data structures and metrics. Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale.
- Partner closely with Siri search engineering teams on core machine learning algorithms and systems that are part of Siri’s ability to understand and respond to requests.
You should be passionate about building outstanding products. This position involves a wide variety of skills and innovation.
Education & Experience Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Operational Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computer Science, Sociology, Mathematics, Physics, or similar quantitative field.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1