The Digital Retail team at CarGurus is looking for skilled Software Architects to work on exciting projects in the automotive space. As a member of this team, you will be a big part of helping transform the way people buy cars by enabling a full online retail experience and build the most innovative online car purchasing platform available.
This is a very exciting time for CarGurus and is a huge opportunity for you to be a part of something truly amazing.
Their Currently Public Initiative Are
- Financing – Enabling financing transparency.
- Digital Retail – Building the blocks to enable online transactions
Their startup DNA means they particularly value diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Come help build the next phase of CarGurus!
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, designers, and data analysts to take an idea from concept to technical design to implementation to testing to measurement.
- Pitch in wherever there will be the greatest impact. This could be anything from implementing a new full consumer-facing feature to integrating with a key partner or technology, to a quick vapor or A/B test to help determine what’s next.
- Work with partner companies to define requirements in order to integrate their solutions with their platform
- Be deeply engaged in the full development lifecycle designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring and improving the software.
- Advocate for new technology and new methodologies
- Continuously learn and expand your capabilities
Who You Are
- Expert in OOP (Java preferred), ideally in fast-paced environments
- Solid experience in the data layer including SQL, caching strategies, and storage alternatives
- Comfortable with Web Tier technologies and strategies
- A strong understanding of data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose direction.
- Ability to guide and mentor more junior engineers (for Principal and Lead jobs)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Curious and plays well with others
- 10+ years of relevant work experience needed
At CarGurus, they invest in their people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skillset without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. They also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—their way of showing that they want you here for the long haul.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1