As a Nielsen Software Developer, you will be responsible for independently analyzing, developing, testing, and supporting highly complex application software. The position requires expertise in Python/ETL technologies, and competency to work on the most complex projects. This position works on broad, highly-visible, strategic software development projects in an extremely complex and evolving technical and business environment.
- Designs, analyzes, and documents software applications across multiple project teams and applications.
- Investigates and analyzes verbal and written requests for application software, interpreting application requirements to construct highly complex applications.
- Writes technical documentation for routines and applications, facilitating their maintenance.
- Constructs, tests, installs, and maintains software applications:
- Develops highly complex software code, which is maintainable, easy to use, and satisfies application requirements.
- Develops and executes application test plans, analyzes test results, and makes appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified.
- Contributes to the planning for acceptance testing and implementation of new software, performing supporting activities to ensure that customers have the information and assistance they need for a successful implementation.
- Provides support to internal users and support staff.
- Investigates application incidents for missing or incorrect functionality.
- Assesses incident resolution and estimates application changes.
- Applies resolutions, leading to timely, error free revisions in applications.
- Researches, assesses and facilitates the adoption of new technologies
- Performs configuration management tasks:
- Ensures application software components are archived in common repositories according to IT standards with appropriate documentation that reflects the progression from development to implementation.
- Works with and in some instances provides work direction to our vendor partners
E- Bachelor of engineering degree in computer science or similar
P – 3+ years of IT experience
E – 2+ years of software development/engineering experience in Python/ETL technologies
E – Hands-on experience in Python, Shell Scripting, Perl, ETL, Data Modeling
E – Hands-on experience with Jenkins, Chef or other Continuous Integration/Delivery tools
E – Hands-on experience in Automated Testing using different tools
E – Experience in agile development methodology
E- Knowledge of multiple software development languages and proficiency
E- Knowledge of relevant operating systems and communication interfaces
E- Knowledge of software design and testing principles
E- Knowledge of database management systems
E – Proven track record in making significant contributions to team efforts.
E- Excellent interpersonal skills
P – Exposure in Hadoop and Cloud
P – Experience working with onshore and offshore vendor partners
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1