Software Developer / Senior Software Developer
We are looking for an experienced Software Developer to join GRS Claims in the Surety, Auto, Liability, Specialty and Property organization. Our organization builds and delivers features and capabilities to users around the globe. You will work and collaborate with an agile squad dedicated to providing forward thinking solutions to current business problems and have a direct impact to the daily lives of Claims Handlers as they support policyholders in their time of need due to loss. As a member of this squad, you will implement solutions utilizing strong JAVA skills that integrate, as needed, with other systems using SOAP and REST. Additionally, you will build cloud native, microservice-based solutions to support our drive to reduce technical debt and aid in the enablement of more rapid deployments (CI/CD). In this role you will also collaborate with other teams working in the same organization, supporting the same customer.
This is a range posting for a Software Developer/Senior Software Developer. Enclosed please find job summary for each grade level. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate’s overall experience and skill level.
Under general supervision, participates within a team to develop and enhances low to medium complexity solutions for our claims business from general specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those software applications. Competent to independently work on most phases of development activities; requires instruction and guidance in phases. Analyzes low to medium complexity technical system problems.
Senior Software Developer
Under limited supervision, participates in a team as technical expert in analysis, design, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software to achieve desired results and documents appropriate aspects of those deliverables. Develops and enhances complex systems and/or software from general requirements and specifications. Analyzes complex technical system problems. Leads projects or subprojects and coordinates rollouts of moderate scope. Will mentor junior developers.
In This Role, You Will
- Work with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and peer developers to iteratively create technical solutions that meet business and technical requirements
- Help drive modernization efforts making use of current technologies and cloud-based microservices where possible
- Analyze problems and design & implement effective solutions
- Handle iterative end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging
- Help build a culture of innovation and continual learning
What You Offer
- Above all, you bring a team-first mindset – you are the person everyone else wants to work with…
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred. Generally 3 – 5 + years of professional experience.
- A passion for clean code and the craft of software development
- An infectiously innovative, customer-focused mindset
- Ability to build and integrate with APIs (REST, SOAP) including development and support of micro-services (SpringBoot, Mulesoft)
- Experience developing cloud-hosted, containerized, responsive, web applications and the services that enable them (AWS, Azure, Docker)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers)
- Demonstrates knowledge of CI/CD processes and tools, testing frameworks, and practices (Jenkins/Bamboo, jUnit, Mocks, Selenium)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a critical thinker
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1