At Verizon Media, engineers get to change the way over billion people experience the world – every single day. They’re looking for explorers and risk takers who like to be surrounded by some of the smartest people in the industry while making an impact that really matters.
The Visual-Intelligence group is building new Machine-learning, AI-based platforms, services and consumer experiences that reach hundreds of millions of people every day. Their products range from image and video understanding using computer vision, video stream ranking and recommendations to building new Augmented-Reality based experiences and streaming live entertainment and sports to consumer facing apps. Their team consists of innovative and enthusiastic scientists and engineers looking to revolutionize video streaming. They’re looking for product-minded researchers and engineers who can help drive new features from idea through to launch.
A Lot About You
Their engineers build and optimize large scale frameworks for running state-of-the-art machine learning based models and algorithms. You’ll work closely with researchers and engineers on cutting edge projects at the intersection of video, mobile and machine-learning in an agile environment. You will solve problems on your own and in teams, giving you opportunities to self-organize, collaborate, and get things done.
- Responsible for the definition, design, development and successful and timely completion of new features in current and future products
- Lead the design effort for a system component, defining priorities and evaluating resources
- Responsible for design reviews, ensure quality of group modules in existing products
- Recommend alternative approaches, utilize new technology to achieve goals
- Work on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires in depth evaluation of various factors which may be difficult to define
You must have
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related engineering degree
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to well-designed, well-documented code
Love To Have
- Typically 3+ years directly related experience in software development and/or enterprise software implementation experience
- Experience with distributed data processing technologies, e.g. Spark, Hadoop in a cloud computing environment
- Phd. in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge and experience in Machine Learning, Computer Vision or NLP
- Proficiency with cloud computing, especially Amazon Web Services
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on their internal career site.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1