Alexa Shopping NLU team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive software developer to join their team in London. You will be part of a team with strategic impact in the Alexa Shopping business, designing and implementing new software inventions and simplifications in the spoken language understanding domain. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, understand the artificial intelligence space, and will help them delivering key features to keep delighting their customers.
As software developer in Amazon, you are expected to have technical ownership of you designs and services and influence good coding practices among your peers. Responsibilities include design, code, review, test, fix, research, deploy and maintain services and code in Amazon cloud and production environments. Successful candidates will be strong developers who can prioritize well, develop at the highest standards in the industry, deal with ambiguous and non explored problem domains, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon engineers:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C, Java, or Perl
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Have experience with Machine Learning and/or DNN models.
Company – Amazon Dev Centre (London) Ltd
Job ID: A945604
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1