Are you a Software Developer who is passionate about building robust, scalable and highly available web applications? Are you interested in developing technologies that revolutionise travel and help millions of travellers explore the world?
Expedia Group. is one of the world’s leading travel platforms with gross bookings exceeding $88 billion in 2017 and revenue optimisation is at the heart of it.
Our team is part of the Expedia Worldwide Engineering and is responsible for providing low latency and high-volume services that have direct impact on revenue generation within Expedia, Group.
As a Software Engineer II you are involved in all aspects of software development, including participating in technical designs, implementation, functional analysis, and release for mid-to-large sized projects. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile environment to drive improvements to our software architecture, design and code. You will have the opportunity to work with business and engineering leaders, and influence product vision and design of our systems.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, design, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- Write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- Support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with seniors and peers in crafting and implementing the technical vision of the team
- Communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed cross functional teams
- Participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with peers and help unblock junior members of the team. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure
- Define, develop and maintain artifacts like technical design or partner documentation
- Drive for continuous improvement in software and development process within an agile development team
- Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
Who You Are
- Experience using code versioning tools for e.g Git or others
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely
- A self-learner with a passion to learn new technologies
- A strong communicator both written and verbal
- Possess RESTful API development experience with Java, ideally with Java 8.
- Have strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Data Structures, and Algorithms.
- Experienced in using testing frameworks and tools like JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber, etc.
- Thorough understanding operational and non-functional requirements.
- Competent in SQL and NoSQL data stores
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
ex technical information clearly and concisely
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1