Are you looking for a role with Real big data, working on systems that consume and generate 100’s of Billions of events per day? Serving Machine Learning models in real-time on 1000’s of servers?
They are looking for top-notch development managers to lead the teams of their data services. They use big data and ML for most of their applications – fraud, recommendation, marketing, ranking, supply management and many more. Each of these brings their own challenges of combining a distributed, multi-dc, scalable and performant solution with the needs of modern cutting edge algorithms (such as deep learning).
You will manage a team of engineers in joint scrums with the best data scientists around to achieve these goals and since Agoda is the fastest-growing travel company in the world you can imagine the challenges of tomorrow will be even more demanding.
Their ideal candidates are experienced agile development managers who master technology to the point where you can make a trade-off and decide when to use which technology, and push their platform forward. At the same time, they also have the solid agile experience to deliver at a rapid pace.
They believe that managers should be professionals at technology, should be able to jump into any project and understand the bits & bolts of the technologies their teams use. If you are one of those people that don’t want to “just manage” and still excited about building things along with building teams, you will fit here very well.
- Lead team of at 6 – 12 energetic developers
- Drive design and architecture of the system
- Create a robust, scalable and blazing-fast API.
- Drive the execution of the team toward the vision. Visionary and pragmatic.
- Grow and coach team members. Always challenge the team to be a higher performer.
- Work closely with the product owner to provide technical direction
- Be able to work with data scientists, understand and contribute to modern machine learning development lifecycle
Technologies we love
- Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Impala)
- Machine learning technologies (E.g. Python skit, SparkML, Tensorflow)
- Micro-services development languages & technologies (E.g.: Java, Scala/Akka, Python/Django/flask)
- Relational database (E.g.: SQL Server, Postgres)
- NoSQL database technologies (E.g.: Cassandra, Couchbase, Aerospike)
- Message queueing technologies (E.g.: Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins / Teamcity)
- Performance and load testing
- Passionate about technology and building software
- 5-10 years’ experience in software development and a mix of the above-mentioned technologies.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a leadership/influencer position: team lead, development manager or architect.
- Must have worked in an Agile environment and understands Scrum
- Familiarity with the travel industry and rate system is a plus
- Experience in ML development is a plus
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1