They innovate, invent, and continuously improve, Vodafone UK Digital works within the heart of their business. Empowering Vodafone’s mission of being a digital-first company is in everything they do.
Who are they looking for?
They’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic Software Engineer to join their Digital Engineering team in Newbury, bringing with you a broad range of experiences and a passion for modern development technologies and practices. Their Platform is at the heart of this, to allow their digital channels to quickly develop new and improved applications based on secure, reliable, and scalable services, based on a cloud-based micro-services architecture.
In this role, you’ll be reporting to a Chapter Lead who is responsible for their career development, but you’ll also be part of a development squad, charged with developing, testing, and deploying new features and capability within their platform. Working within a Scrum squad, you’ll refine, plan, and implement user stories ensuring the quality and integrity of the platform through appropriate technology, standards, and best practice. You’ll strive to continuously learn, develop, and improve the services and your own skills. The successful candidate for this role will have a background in designing and developing RESTful APIs within micro-service architecture and possess extensive commercial experience in Java (JEE) and Java Servlets
What will you be doing?
- Driving the quality and performance of owned micro-services, through the
- Use of standards and best practices
- Establishing a culture of continuous improvement through learning, training, and coaching
- Ensuring quality is at the heart of everything you and your team does
- Testing your code through the use of TDD/BDD and associated tools
- Certifications in Scrum, SAFe, or other scaled agile frameworks
- Utilizing your experience in AWS services
- Use of Docker or other container management
- An ability to challenge others in doing what’s right for the business.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent remuneration and bonus package with 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. They offer an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. From their market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plans, and share schemes they are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.
The future is exciting.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1