As a Data Scientist / ML Engineer on the Data Team, you will help build a data-driven culture within Databricks by helping solve product and business challenges. The Data team also functions as an in-house, production “customer” that dogfoods Databricks and drives the future direction of the products.
If you are interested in machine learning infrastructure, please apply to the Software Engineer Backend job opening here.
As a Data Scientist, You Will
- Shape the direction of some of their key data science areas for 2020 – usage forecasting, product analytics, user behavior, and funnel analysis.
- Work closely with Product Management, Sales, Customer Success, and other stakeholders to understand product usage patterns and trends and to make data-driven decisions and forecasts.
- Manage stakeholders for their focus area – gather changing requirements, define project OKRs and milestones, and communicate progress and results to a non-technical audience.
- Mentor and guide data-scientists on the team by helping with project planning, technical decisions, and code and document review.
- Build self-serving internal data products to make data simple within the company.
- Experience in applying Data Science / ML in production to build data-driven products for solving business problems.
- Familiarity with Product Analytics – understanding and tracking customer and user behavior using lenses like adoption, churn, cohorts, and funnel analysis.
- Experience collaborating with and understanding the needs of stakeholders from a variety of business functions. They work most closely with Product, Customer Success, and Engineering at the moment, but also work with the Sales, Marketing and Finance organizations.
- Strong coding skills in general-purpose languages like Scala or Python, and familiarity with software engineering principles around testing, code reviews, and deployment.
- Proficient in data analysis and visualization using tools like R and Python.
- Experience with distributed data processing systems like Spark and Hadoop, and proficiency in SQL.
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, or a related field
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1