Snapchat is a camera and messaging app that connects people to their friends and the world. Every day around the globe, millions of people use Snapchat to communicate with friends, build relationships, play, and learn. No matter where you are or how you express yourself, it’s always the fastest way to share a moment!
Snap Engineering teams build fun and technically sophisticated products that reach hundreds of millions of Snapchatters around the world, every day. They’re deeply committed to the well-being of everyone in their global community, which is why their values are at the root of everything they do. They move fast, with precision, and always execute with privacy at the forefront.
They’re looking for a Backend Engineer to join Team Snapchat! As a member of this team, you will design and implement the next generation of Snap’s multi-cloud architecture. Working from their New York, NY offices, you’ll collaborate across engineering teams to build some of the most scalable, Tier-0 services at Snap such as their user service and friend graph. You will also solve exciting distributed systems problems like incremental state synchronization to build their core storage services, used by almost every product at Snap. Finally, you will help the team deprecate their monolithic architecture and move towards a layered service-oriented architecture.
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement and operate their most critical and scalable services – ranging from user identity services, friend graph, and their core persistence layer
- Work across teams to understand product requirements, evaluate trade-offs, and deliver the solutions needed to build innovative products
- You evaluate, appropriately test, and debug your work, striving for high quality
- Advocate for and apply best practices when it comes to availability, scalability, operational excellence, and cost management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with backend services or distributed systems
- Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Large-scale microservices and distributed systems
- Cloud computing and storage systems
- Infrastructure and large-scale system design
- Networking and data storage
- Machine learning and natural language processing
- Proven track record of operating highly-available systems at a significant scale
- Experience with Java, C++, and/or Python
- Experience with NoSQL solutions, Memcache/Redis, Kubernetes, or Google/AWS services
- You can independently execute on medium-sized features, taking a few weeks and multiple PRs to complete
- You understand the operational aspects of your system and may participate in incident or hotfix investigation and resolution
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others
- BS/BA degree in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- 1+ years of software development experience
At Snap, they believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable them to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Their Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so they’ve got your back! They do their best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Their benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1