Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. They’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and they’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square’s rapidly growing financing platform, Square Capital, has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals.
Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Capital offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $9 billion to hundreds of thousands of sellers.
As a software engineer on the Servicing Record Team within Square Capital, you will develop the services and architecture that power their products and borrower experiences. You will work primarily on backend systems in a complex domain, helping to build specialized services to help them reach the next generation of our architecture at scale. If you love delivering high-quality software that improves the lives of millions of consumers and business owners, they want to work with you!
- Help to lead major efforts around building a sustainable system of record for servicing credit products and loans
- Work with engineering, product, and other partners to build software that is clean and forward-thinking
- Develop modern APIs that integrate web clients with server backends and facilitate service-to-service communication
- Build well-designed, reusable systems to model financial systems, financial transactions, and credit products
- Build systems that collect and maintain customers’ sensitive data, while holding Square to the highest standards for security and compliance
- Design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave and move fast, without ever negatively affecting their customers
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML and perform BSA/AML duties as required by job function
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Interest in working on backend systems, from APIs and business logic to optimizing database transactions
- Interest in modeling complex domains and building resilient systems to support real-world applications at scale
- A proven track record of executing complex, medium-to-large feature releases that span multiple months
- Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals
- Interest in working with other engineering teams and cross-functional partners
At Square, they value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. They will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing their website may contact them by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. They will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and they will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, they want you to be well and thrive. Their global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1