As engineers on the Data Platform team, their mission is to build the fastest, most reliable, and largest-scale data processing technologies in the world – able to cope with ever-increasing volumes of data in real-time – and then apply them to the company’s most critical and fundamental data problems.What You’ll Do
As a member of the team, you will be the “source of truth” for Twitter’s most fundamental data – such as Tweet content, engagement data, and user relationships – along with core metrics such as daily and monthly active users. You will surface these datasets in real-time to mission-critical products and business applications throughout the company. You will be among the earliest adopters of bleeding-edge data technologies and features, working directly with infrastructure teams to integrate them into your services at scale. You will empower dozens of engineering teams, hundreds of co-workers, and millions of users to dream of new insights and new possibilities.
Data Platform Is Hiring For The Following Applications Teams
- Core Data Metrics – pipelines that sift through tens of billions of events per day to power Twitter’s most critical business insights
Who You Are
You want to be part of a community of the most talented, forward-thinking engineers in the industry. You take satisfaction in building resilient, performant, and thoroughly tested distributed systems that can power the most business-critical applications. You want to learn, work with, and contribute to cutting-edge open-source technologies. The ideal candidate has experience with and/or history of contributions to Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Scalding, Parquet, or similar technologies. You have experience in distributed systems, database internals, or performance analysis.
- MS in computer science or a related field OR BS in computer science and 3 years of experience in software engineering.
- Backend development experience with a solid foundation in data pipelines, distributed systems, large-scale data processing
- Proficiency with Java, Python or Scala
- Experience with Linux/Unix systems
- Working knowledge of MapReduce, Hadoop, HDFS
- Experience with ETL and query language a plus
They are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, they will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1