C-SATS, now a part of the Johnson & Johnson Institute, is a first of its kind online performance improvement system for surgeons. Started by a team of doctors, engineers, and biostatisticians as a research project at the University of Washington, C-SATS provides objective, quantitative feedback on surgeons’ intra-operative skill. Once our hardware gathers surgical video from operating rooms around the country, our software platform provides detailed performance evaluation using expert reviewers, non-technical crowds, and Artificial Intelligence.
C-SATS can harness the reach, collective resources, and passion of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies to support the professional growth of those who care for others.
C-SATS is the first AI platform for surgery. Our systems and processes are on the verge of massive scale. We need an ambitious, high-performance Software Engineer to help us realize our vision. You will take on meaningful and challenging problems every day. You’ll write reliable and elegant services to keep doctors zealous about our company and our products. By joining C-SATS, you will become part of a tight-knit, startup-minded team committed to improving medical outcomes through the constant effort of driving innovation in healthcare.
Why This Matters
You will be responsible for a critical part of C-SATS, and your work will have a direct impact on patient outcomes. C-SATS measures technical skills in healthcare practitioners, skills that directly impact clinical outcomes; poor performers generate 3x more complications and 5x more deaths than top performers. Our system generates 10 times the amount of information about an individual’s skills in 1/10th the time of traditional peer review. Major medical centers have completed 1.5 million assessments with C-SATS, and they depend on our system to ensure the quality of their practitioners and the safety of their patients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years professional software engineering experience
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field OR equivalent professional, technical experience
- Well-rounded experience with programming languages, platforms, protocols/RFCs
- Experience with many data storage systems such as relational/SQL, NoSQL, columnar store, graph databases
- Experience with distributed/cluster computing
- 3+ years experience with the command line and Free/Libre/Open Source Software
- 3+ years experience with Linux-based operating systems, especially Ubuntu and Android
- Experience with natural language processing, machine learning, and computer vision
- Real passion for learning and mastering new technologies quickly, especially the technologies we use
- Strong sense of responsibility for the happiness of customers and coworkers
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Optionally up to 80% remote with the preferred location as Seattle, WA
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
North America-United States
R&D Engineering (R&D)
- Hospital & Health Care
- Medical Device
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1