STANLEY Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker Company, is a global leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of an extended line of metal and plastic fasteners and engineered fastening systems for commercial applications. We focus on total engineering solutions for end users’ fastening requirements in the automotive, transportation, electronics, aerospace, machine tool, construction, and appliance industries. Our automotive division strives to lead the way with innovative solutions to ever changing customer challenges and opportunities. Within STANLEY Engineered Fastening automotive division, an opening is currently available for a Software Engineer Co-Op/Intern to be located in our facility in Troy, Michigan.
- Responsible for developing product ownership and expertise with the functionality of drawn arc welding and riveting systems.
- Provides technical assistance to internal customers and provides programming and testing support to product manufacturing.
- Develops and maintain software for welding and riveting applications.
- Develops and executes software or electrical test plans at the product level.
- Participates as team member for global software projects.
- Required – Currently working on Bachelor of Science degree in: Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Programming in embedded C/C++, C#
- Developing software for 16-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers
- Object-oriented design and object-oriented analysis
- Integrated and controlling sensors and actuators
- Developing software for the Windows Operating System and WinCE 5.0/6.0
- Industrial networks such as DeviceNet, EtherNet/IP, Interbus-S, and Profibus
- HMI (Human-Machine Interface) development
- PLC programming and configuration
Good Technical writing skills, computer skills and interpersonal skills
- Multimeters, oscilloscopes, JTAG/in-circuit debuggers, and serial debuggers
SEF Technology and Innovation
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
- Consumer Goods
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1