At Lyft, their mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, they start with their own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
If you are passionate about building large-scale data processing systems and are motivated to make an impact in creating a robust and scalable data platform – they would love to talk to you. Data is the only way they make decisions, it’s the core of their business helping them create an exceptional transportation experience for their customers and providing insights into the effectiveness of their product & features.
They are a set of engineers constantly striving to create an amazing experience for their customers and themselves, and they believe data brings everything together. They build and operate the platform used by the rest of the company for stream and batch computation serving mechanisms to train ML models. You will be a part of an experienced engineering team and work with passionate leaders on challenging distributed systems problems. They regard to culture and trust highly and believe you will add positively to it in your own way.
You will report to an Engineering Manager.
- Owner of the core company data pipeline, responsible for scaling up data processing flow to meet the rapid data growth at Lyft
- Evolve data model and data schema based on business and engineering needs
- Implement systems tracking data quality and consistency
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- SQL and MapReduce job tuning to improve data processing performance
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem (MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, Pig, HBase, Parquet)
- Proficient in at least one of the SQL languages (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Oracle)
- Good understanding of SQL Engine and able to conduct advanced performance tuning
- Strong skills in a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Bash)
- Experience with workflow management tools (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, UC4)
- Comfortable working directly with data analytics to bridge Lyft’s business goals with data engineering
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of their Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1