Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case – it’s visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 10 million products: Home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Our software engineering teams work hard to conceal the complexity of this experience. Every customer should come away feeling like they’ve found the perfect item for them. Shopping for the home should be exciting, and we’re the team that makes that happen.
The Frontend Infrastructure team develops the foundational systems that enable teams to reliably build and deliver quality user interfaces. We collaborate with the Site Reliability and Developer Platforms teams in Infrastructure Engineering, as well as the Frontend Framework and Design Systems teams in Storefront, to innovate on our frontend platform, and create an environment in which developers can build delightful user interfaces for our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to our production node.js service for React server-side rendering, identifying opportunities for new capabilities and improved performance
- Implement logging and monitoring to improve the stability and observability of our frontend systems
- Iterate on our babel and webpack powered bundling tools for efficiently delivering frontend resources in decoupled UI applications
- Deliver solutions that push the boundaries of our UI infrastructure stack to achieve platform and business goals
- Work closely with the other Frontend Core teams to expand the capabilities of our UI platform
- React.js SSR with Node.js: Server-side rendering is important for both performance and search engine discoverability. The Frontend Infrastructure team built our largest customer-facing Node.js service which handles React.js server-side rendering, offering GraphQL support and communicating with our application server via websockets.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Help make decisions that influence how customers shop at Wayfair
- Be part of a team writing code that is seen by millions of customers a day
- Be a part of the team that is leading the market in delivering the most delightful customer online shopping experience for home furnishings in a quickly changing landscape
Who you are:
- A graduate of a computer science or engineering related degree program with 2+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 4+ years of equivalent industry experience
- Experience with Node.js
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1