Software Engineer (Java/Scala/Spark) – 30088
Technology and Engineering – USA Chicago, Illinois
If you are a Software Engineer who likes to work on cutting-edge technologies in an environment that gives you the freedom to explore, play, and learn, then Nielsen is the right place for you! Join a close-knit, passionate team that collaborates in an Agile environment to develop great technology. We encourage professional growth opportunities and invest in your personal development. Bring your experience with Java, Scala and Spark to help as we extend the capabilities of our Connected Buy system: https://www.nielsen.com/us/en/solutions/capabilities/connected-system.html
- Develop highly efficient and time driven Spark processes running on cloud-native Databricks environment to produce aggregated and dis-aggregated data sets that are client ready.
- Analyze and design data models and data production processes by working with a team of data scientists, engineers and product leaders.
- Develop highly efficient RESTful APIs with Java to enable responsive web application to leverage our big data platform.
- Explore and evaluate new technologies to advance
- Collaborate with small teams that will lead projects from beginning to end, including working with product management, gathering requirements, brainstorming solutions, building final applications and testing.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in computer science or relevant engineering field plus 5+ years of solid software development experience
- Deep expertise in Java and familiarity with Scala and Spark Development.
- Familiarity with SQL and Database technologies.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment of Spark jobs, including hands on experience with Apache Airflow and Databricks or Jupyter Notebooks.
- Deep expertise in Java, Scala and Spark development including unit test frameworks for Spark
- Past track record of learning new technologies.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago , Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1