Macys.com Website Application Development develops the highly scalable, light weight, Java web applications that create the customer experience for macys.com and bloomingdales.com on desktop, iPad, and other devices. We are seeking a developer who has a successful history of analysis, design and implementation in a business critical environment. The primary area of focus will be server-side Java web application development (Core Java, Spring, REST, JSON, JUnit) with Some relations Data base systems(DB2,MySQL, Oracle..etc) including the design, coding and testing of medium to large application components. Developers are expected to work closely with Technical Leads, Architects, other Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment. If you want to be challenged in a fast, Agile environment with other A-Players, then come and consider the Website Application Development team at Macys.com. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Design, implement, and unit test both UI & server-side, JEE/Java web application code.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Deliver project assignments on time and with high quality.
- Collaborate with Architects and other Software Engineering resources in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
- Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
- Work with other senior engineers, software architects and quality assurance engineers to resolve development roadblocks.
- Work with the Technical Lead to create and own system design documentation following standard templates; take initiatives to periodically review and recommend improvements to the templates as needs arise and to keep all documentation up-to-date.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in assigned business and technical domains with an excellent understanding of business and system processes, inter relationship/dependencies/interactions among system components and how things work end to end. Act as the “go-to” person on integration related questions.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 2+ yrs. Experience.
- 2+ years of experience as an engineer in a web environment doing development with Java/JEE.
- 2+ years of Web Services experience.
- 1+ years of UI development experience using Java script and any for the frameworks like backbone, angular and so on.
- 2+ years Java 5 or later knowledge.
- 2+ years Spring Dependency Injection and other core Spring features.
- Experience with UML modeling and effective communication for design reviews.
- Experience with highly scalable, high performance, 100% stable Java web applications.
- Experience with modern light weight embedded NoSQL caching solutions a plus.
- Web experience in Retail or other high-volume customer facing web applications a strong plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, customer focused environment.
- Passionate advocate of TDD practices a strong plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy’s Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you’re interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it’s really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Apparel & Fashion
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1