GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Software Engineering role requires participating in the day-to-day operations of the assigned project including the development, implementation, and maintenance of software applications and supporting Databases. Individuals in this role are also responsible for supporting peers within INFORMATICS team and the Veteran’s Administration system.
This position reports to the Informatics Development Manager
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
▪ Conform to Institute and VA standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided
▪ Operate within BVARI’s Financial Account Policies
▪ Follow established personnel and safety procedures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Software Engineer will work closely with peers, Program Manager, business stakeholders, investigators, Software QA, and other staff. Additional responsibilities include validating recruitment data, developing and maintaining application software based on SDLC principals. The incumbent handles multiple projects within a fast-paced environment and is open to constant challenge and change. He/she will develop and maintain positive working relationships with all contacts.
Responsibilities will include hands-on contribution to ETL development, in addition to conducting structured root cause analysis and Process improvements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree in Information Technology or Computer Science field. The candidate should be organized and detail-oriented with strong written and verbal skills, and demonstrated experience in managing multiple priorities.
- Must be a US Citizen
- 7+ years of experience in software industry
- Experience with Rational product suite is highly desired
- Experience with Source Control
- Experience with C++ and Java
- Database knowledge and SQL scripting skill is a must
- Experience with ETL development
- Experience with SDLC
- Experience with Vulnerability Analysis, Application Security, and remediation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills essential.
What You’ll Get
- A generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, commuter benefits, FSA, and a retirement plan with matching after a year.
- A unique environment with fun, outgoing, and intelligent co-workers.
- The ability to contribute to making a difference in the lives of veterans.
- A culture where your professional growth is as important as ours.
- A lot of laughter
- Project Management
- General Business
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1