Come help them build the world’s most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! They’re bringing on talented engineers to help them create and maintain a 24×7, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, their machine learning engineers have the opportunity to dive into a wealth of delivery data and solve physical world challenges through machine learning. They’re helping build the next iteration of our recommendation engine – read about it here!
What You’ll Do
- Predict preparation ambiguity for over 50,000 merchant partners
- Compute real time vehicle routing challenges in major metropolitan areas, ultimately to assign dashers who arrive at desired locations with little to no lag/latency
- Forecast the supply of available dashers as well as incoming delivery demand
- Iterate and improve their query understanding, search relevance, recommendation and ranking algorithms to deliver a personalized experience
- Optimize pricing structure and algorithm to fuel the growth of business
- Collaborate with other engineers, data scientists, and teammates across the product and business organizations
What They’re Looking For
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Prior experience building machine learning systems in production
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- They are leaders – Leadership is not limited to their management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- They are doers – They believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead their company and their industry is what they do — on every project, every day.
- They are learning – They’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if they’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- They are customer obsessed – Their mission is to grow and empower local economies. They are committed to their customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- They are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making their inspiring goals attainable and driving them to greater heights.
- They offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Their Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
They’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why they hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. They believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1