Come help them build the world’s most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! They’re bringing on experienced engineers to help them create and maintain a 24×7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, their Data Scientists have the opportunity to dive into a wealth of delivery data to improve Dasher assignment, ETA prediction, Dasher capacity planning, search ranking & personalization, and fighting fraud & abuse. Useful blogs to learn about these use cases are – blog #1, blog #2, and blog #3.
About the Team
The ML Platform team is aimed at building an industry leading Machine Learning platform for DoorDash Data Scientists and Machine Learning engineers to easily and quickly apply Machine Learning to a diverse set of use cases at scale. A recent blog that detailed some of the challenges is here.
About the Role
- You will work alongside our Data Scientists and Product Engineers to collaborate on various ideas and ensure that there is a highly reliable, world class platform to run their ML models on.
- You will help build high performance and flexible infrastructure and services that can rapidly evolve to handle new technologies, techniques and modeling approaches
- You will implement and operate an intuitive, easy to use and flexible ML development framework.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a growing company and grow right along with them.
- Take on significant technical challenges and have a large impact.
- Create industry best practices for Machine Learning infrastructure
They’re excited about you because…
- High-energy and confident – you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner – driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble – you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity – things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded – you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact – ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Prior experience building machine learning systems in production such as enabling data analytics at scale
- Prior experience in machine learning – you’ve developed and deployed your own models – even if these are simple proof of concepts
- Systems Engineering – you’ve built meaningful pieces of infrastructure in a cloud computing environment. Bonus if those were data processing systems or distributed systems
Nice To Haves
- Experience with real-time technology problems
- Familiar with Pandas / Python machine learning libraries
- Familiar with Spark, MLLib, Databricks MLFlow, Apache Airflow and similar related technologies.
- Familiar with a cloud based environment such as AWS
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- They are leaders – Leadership is not limited to their management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- They are doers – They believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead their company and their industry is what they do — on every project, every day.
- They are learning – They’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if they’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- They are customer obsessed – Their mission is to grow and empower local economies. They are committed to their customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- They are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making their inspiring goals attainable and driving them to greater heights.
- They offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Their Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
They’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why they hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. They believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1