Software Engineer Manager: Web Analytics
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Web Analytics team is responsible for instrumenting our click tracking, marketing beacon and session replay tooling. They are currently re-architecting to focus on delivering a faster in browser experience and sourcing the vendor data to our data lake where we will deliver personalization and reporting solutions.
If you’re a curious learner who has a passion for getting things done, thrives in an environment of servant leadership and has a wealth of Agile know-how, we want you to join our tech team! As an experienced Software Engineering Manager, you will manage dedicated Agile teams that incorporate customer-centric design thinking practices and standard Agile/Lean software development methodology. You will lead people by creating a shared vision, empowering and serving them by removing obstacles and helping them grow. You will constantly energize and enable your teams to rapidly and reliably deliver business value by engaging customers, continuously learning, and adapting allowing teams to rapidly pivot.
Most importantly, you’ll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to “helping people live safer, more secure lives” every day.
About The Job
- Provides technical expertise to clients, IT management and staff.
- Participates in the development of business and/or IT vision, critical success factors and operating plans.
- Develops and communicates unit vision, strategies, critical success factors
- Hires and manages team of people; coaches, counsels, and develops team members. Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and ensures alignment with organizational objectives. Evaluates team and individual performance and makes compensation recommendations.
- Promotes and supports continuous improvement of individuals and teams.
- Establishes financial plan for the unit and manages to plan. Initiates process and organizational improvement activities which enhance overall effectiveness; seeks ways to improve human resource and other management processes. Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts, performs or directs research on industry trends, competitors, business and IT products, and analyzes trends and makes strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Ensures system, technical, and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and 5-7 years’ experience
- Experience leading teams of 10+ software developers in a transactional Agile development environment
- Experience architecting, building, upgrading, and modernizing consumer-facing web & mobile applications, such as eCommerce or similar platforms
- Demonstrated experience leading Agile software development teams to quantifiable results
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience leading development teams through re-platform or modernization efforts
- Hands-on experience with React.js or Angular.js, and Java or Node.js
- Experience leading teams as they switch to Agile is a plus
- Experience cultivating a culture of continuous improvement and delivery
- Ability to quickly alternate between hands-on architecture, team management, and stakeholder engagement duties as needed
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
- Casual work environment in Boston’s beautiful Back Bay offering free refreshments, relaxed atmosphere with unique spacious common area, games and other great perks.
- Hackathon Events
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Philanthropic giving and volunteer opportunities
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
Learn more about Technology at Liberty Mutual –
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1