At this time, it seems that they’ve identified a sufficient number of candidates to complete their planned New Grad hiring for 2021, and are not reviewing additional applicants.
Over the next months, however, they’ll be continuing to evaluate their 2021 business needs. If you’d like to be contacted should additional positions open up, please apply so that they can follow-up with you in ~January to see if you’re still considering new opportunities then.
[ Quora is now a “remote-first” company . This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the world, regardless of any location that might be specified above.]
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people’s heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. They want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Their mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge, and they’re building a world-class team to help them achieve this mission.
About The Team
Their small engineering team works on challenging problems every day. They have a culture that’s rooted in constantly learning and improving, and their engineers are encouraged to think big and experiment with new ideas. Using continuous deployment, they quickly see their changes in the product and make fast iterations. Their engineers focus on creating polished products and writing high-quality code by designing APIs and abstractions that are extensible and maintainable. Everyone on the engineering team has a huge impact on their product and their company.
Some of the areas their engineering team works on include:
- Product Systems: architect and scale user-facing product features to drive engagement and help the product grow.
- Platform: create the tools, abstractions, frameworks, and systems to make developers at Quora more productive across all platforms — from product developers to ML engineers.
- Infrastructure: design and build fast, cost-efficient, self-healing, and scalable architectures to serve their ever-growing global traffic and storage needs.
- Machine Learning: build systems and processes that apply ML technologies, including ranking, content quality, text understanding, search, ads targeting and CTR prediction, etc.
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora’s “coordination hours” (Mon-Fri: 9 am-3 pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- A passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Prior software engineering internship experience with web applications, databases, or distributed systems
- Passion for Quora’s mission and goals
They are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at their company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1