In Orders & Returns, they need to offer their customers the ability to place, track, and return an order anytime, anywhere so they strive for a zero-downtime platform. On Black Friday this year, their systems processed over 1 million orders, pretty cool huh!? To achieve this scale (and future growth) they have bespoke customer-facing .NET APIs, and use technologies like ASB and COSMOS DBs. They are currently investing in a major re-platforming program to make Orders an Azure Cloud-based platform to allow for ASOS future growth alongside some other pretty cool customer features. Their teams take pride in the quality of delivery and ensure best practices are followed such as TDD and CI/CD automation. Come join them if you are willing to learn, teach, and collaborate with them towards a better order experience!
What Their Day Looks Like
- Work as part of an enthusiastic and motivated agile development team that takes pride in delivering high-quality software into production
- Take a test-first approach from business requirements through to code
- You will continually develop and improve their code and technology, whilst playing an active role in the conception of brand new features for their millions of global customers Keep their customers happy by writing high-quality code to handle their hyper-scale demand Join their regular Tech Develops days to learn new things, take part in internal and external hackathons, share your knowledge and help to drive improvements in engineering
What’s in it for you?
- A truly unique and agile working environment where you’ll be surrounded by a diverse range of passionate experts, with two common interests: technology & innovation
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
- A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
- Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programs
- 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
- Free modern onsite gym, plus personal training and wellness rooms
- Tech Develops days – one day per month dedicated to developing yourself and developing others within Tech
- Tech Presents days – breakfast mornings to collaborate and share your work with other teams
- A dynamic social environment, from company-wide sports days, charity days, ‘Give A Week Away’ opportunities to visit their charity partners in India, company-wide celebrations across Christmas and Summer to name just a few Huge staff discounts and sample sales…
You’ll love their customers
- You’ll be obsessed with delivering a fantastic experience to their customers.
- You’ll be skilled in taking a test-first approach from business requirements through to code, ensuring their customers are happy by writing high-quality code to handle their hyper-scale demand
- You’ll be working to improve their customer experience either through your own ideas, the User Experience teams or from any ASOS
- You’ll be using monitoring and analytics to understand how their customers use the site and any problems they experience
You love software development
- You’ll have a solid knowledge of Architecture Best Practices and Patterns (including Event Sourcing, CQRS, Microservices, Domain-Driven Design)
- You’ll have experience working with eventually consistent systems, distributed systems, and microservices
- You’ll have experience with containerization technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm, and deployment to services such as AKS and ACI
- Including working knowledge of networking, configuration/secret management, volumes, and sidecar logging
- As well as being comfortable debugging any issues in deployments
- You’ll have knowledge of Messaging/Enterprise Integration Patterns
- You’ll have experience deploying Cloud Services and other resources in Azure using ARM templates
- You’ll have experience with developing using F# as well as writing scripts in F#
- You’ll have experience with CI/CD pipelines, including creating pipelines and deployments using Teamcity and Octopus
- You’ll have experience with scripting and automation, including scripting using Bash, PowerShell, .FAKE5, Azure CLI/cmdlet as well as have a DevOps mindset
- You’ll have experience working with Azure Cosmos DB, including utilizing the ChangeFeed, and ideally, be familiar with the SimpleEventStore
- You’ll have experience with Monitoring and Alerting in Azure, including creating Dashboards, using AppInsights, and creating alerts
- You’ll have experience with Azure Service Bus, including provisioning topics/subscriptions and settings up filters
- You’ll have a good understanding of the methodologies such as ATDD/BDD, and proven hands-on experience with Test-driven development
- You’ll have knowledge of Cloud Design Patterns such as Publisher/Subscriber, Retry, and Sidecar
- You’ll be familiar with polyglot persistence
- You’ll have experience building, delivering, and supporting RESTful APIs
- You’ll have strong experience with testing frameworks such as Moq, FluentAssertions
- You’ll have experience with consumer-driven contract testing including PACT
- You’ll be comfortable working with Windows and Linux based environments
- You’ll have proven experience in Agile and XP methodologies (Scrum, pair-programming)
- You’ll have had exposure to React, Scala, Terraform and load testing frameworks such as Gatling
- You’ll have good knowledge of Engineering fundamentals (SOLID/KISS/DRY/YAGNI).
- You’ll be comfortable working with server-side, messaging, and database technologies
- You’ll have an understanding of the benefits of trunk-based development
You Have What It Takes
- You’ll have at least 3 years of C# .NET software development
- You’ll have a Bsc/BA/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineer or a related field
You develop collaboratively
- You’ll have experience working with Developers and using testing to drive the software development process.
- You’ll have a passion to build relationships with other teams and leverage opportunities to collaborate
- You’ll have experience pair programming with other Developers and QAs, with the passion to spread knowledge
- You’ll want to ensure solutions are built consistently with modern Engineering patterns and practices.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1