They build systems that allow more than a billion people all over the world to connect and communicate using whatever devices they have available. Their systems need to be scalable, fast, reliable, and efficient in order to provide a great user experience. As they design and build these systems, Facebook engineers encounter grand challenges across all levels of systems—from the data center, hardware, storage, mobile, to distributed systems, just to name a few. Moreover, fast-evolving social apps and highly dynamic social workloads present them with many unique research opportunities. The entire Facebook platform is their lab for research, development, and innovation. As a Software Engineer or Research Scientist at Facebook, you will help build the next generation of systems behind Facebook’s products, create web applications that reach millions of people, build high volume servers and be a part of a team that’s working to help connect people around the globe. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in relevant engineering fields, such as (but not limited to) distributed software systems, storage systems, data warehousing, and analytics, database systems, operating systems, networking systems, programming languages, compilers & runtime systems, security & privacy, and mobile systems.
- Build highly-scalable software systems using primarily C++ and Java.
- Design flexible APIs for Facebook product teams developing applications for web and mobile.
- Build detailed monitoring to track the health of these systems and quickly triage issues.
- Analyze the shortcomings of existing systems.
- Design and build next-generation systems to constantly be at the cutting edge
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, related STEM or quantitative field or relevant experience
- Graduating with a Ph.D. by November 2020, or completing a university postdoctoral assignment
- Research and/or work experience in Algorithms, Architecture, Programming Languages, Compilers, Database, Data Mining, Distributed Systems, Networking, or Systems
- Experience in C++, Java, Perl, PHP or Python
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience in Computer Science, with knowledge in systems, data structures, and software design
- Interpersonal skills, cross-group, and cross-culture collaboration
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or Ph.D. papers
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1