Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether they ‘re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Their global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, they can help people build stronger communities – they’re just getting started.
They build systems that allow more than a billion people all over the world to connect and communicate using whatever devices they have available. Their systems need to be scalable, fast, reliable, and efficient in order to provide a great user experience. As they design and build these systems, Facebook engineers encounter grand challenges across all levels of systems—from data center, hardware, storage, mobile, to distributed systems, just to name a few. Moreover, fast evolving social apps and highly dynamic social workloads present them with many unique research opportunities. The entire Facebook platform is their lab for research, development, and innovation. As a Software Engineer or Research Scientist at Facebook, you will help build the next generation of systems behind Facebook’s products, create web applications that reach millions of people, build high volume servers and be a part of a team that’s working to help connect people around the globe. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in relevant engineering fields, such as (but not limited to) distributed software systems, storage systems, data warehousing and analytics, database systems, operating systems, networking systems, programming languages, compilers & runtime systems, security & privacy and mobile systems.
- Build highly-scalable software systems using primarily C++ and Java.
- Design flexible APIs for Facebook product teams developing applications for web and mobile.
- Build detailed monitoring to track the health of these systems and quickly triage issues.
- Analyze the shortcomings of existing systems.
- Design and build next generation systems to constantly be at the cutting edge
- PhD in Computer Science, related STEM or quantitative field or relevant experience
- Graduating with a PhD by November 2020, or completing a university postdoctoral assignment
- Research and/or work experience in Algorithms, Architecture, Programming Languages, Compilers, Database, Data Mining, Distributed Systems, Networking, or Systems
- Experience in C++, Java, Perl, PHP or Python
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience in Computer Science, with knowledge in systems, data structures and software design
- Interpersonal skills, cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or PhD papers
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1