Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities, and plan for what matters most. Their mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Their Real-Time Analytics team owns, develops, and maintains two storage solutions in Pinterest: An in-house time series storage solution & Druid. Both have high impact and priority. Druid is being used as a distributed analytics storage solution which is a new technology being adopted by different teams in the company. The mission of the team is to build systems that are not only highly scalable, performant, and reliable, but also a delight to use. Their systems enable their product engineers to move fast and build awesome features rapidly on top of them.
What You’ll Do
- Build, own, and improve innovative storage services that serve almost all of Pinterest’s teams
- Contribute to open-source databases like Druid and work on making in house storage solution open source
- Work on making their storage solution self serve
- Continually improve operability, scalability, efficiency, performance, and reliability of their storage solutions
What They’re Looking For
- Deep expertise in distributed storage systems
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and with the storage SRE/DBA team
- Fluent in Java, C/C++, and/or Python
- Good communication skills and an excellent team player
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1