Responsible for meeting customer needs through application development, deployment and life-cycle management, specializing in Windstream’s quoting and product catalog applications. Includes development initiatives, implementation, configuration and deployment of custom applications and modified off-the-shelf applications, as well as developing integrations between Windstream’s systems. This position will interact with other organizations both within IT and the business, to provide proactive solutions to the business and drive business value.
Skills And Competencies
This position calls for excellent competencies in a variety of areas, including:
- Leadership and communication skills – to build and strengthen relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Highly motivated and self-directed individual, bringing a strong sense of focus and energy to work.
- Leadership skills and execution focus to drive results through performance.
- Strong technical knowledge of a wide range of development languages, frameworks, and methodologies, such as:
- database modeling / design in both SQL relational databases such as Oracle, and non-relational such as MongoDB
- SOAP/REST web services,
- Unit and integration testing with tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mocha
- Distributed version control systems such as Mercurial or GIT
- Continuous integration tools such as TeamCity and Jenkins
- Familiarity with a Linux shell environment and accessing Linux systems remotely via SSH to run applications.
- Ability to diagnose problems occurring within a system or resulting through integration between systems.
- Experience with development, deployment, and management of microservice/cloud-based architectures such as Spring Boot and Docker is a plus.
- Business domain expertise in telecom industry and/or BPM would be a plus.
- Working knowledge of the Agile development methodologies, such as SCRUM or Kanban.
- Development and implementation of quoting and catalog software initiatives.
- Support requirements discussions led by business analysts; develop designs and levels of effort for systems implementing those requirements. Documentation of the designs to sufficient detail for implementation by other team members.
- Production support of quoting and catalog software, including some off-hours support on a rotating schedule.
- Participate in design and technology decisions and mentor junior engineers.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of databases and associated development.
- Identifying issues within software systems and recommending solutions to others.
- Implement and participate within code review process.
- Work and manage multiple development initiatives concurrently.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and users for support and to work in support of requirements and design development.
College degree in a Technical or related field and 3-5 years professional level experience with 0-1 year supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 7+ years professional level related Technical experience with 0-1 year supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.
US-New York-New York
New York NY 225 W 34th St
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1