Our Digital Technology team comprises of platforms, services and functions needed to power our digital experiences and engagement for millions of Macy’s customers every day. We are passionate technologists who thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. Innovation is our core to stay ahead of our customer and the industry engineering landscape. We are part of a dynamic team providing shared services to various Marketing Initiatives at Macys and Bloomingdales.
We are seeking a highly passionate Software Engineer who has a successful history of analysis, design and implementation in a business-critical environment. The primary area of focus will be the development of web presentation layer using some of the latest technologies for design, coding and testing of medium to large application components. eCommerce Engineers are expected to work closely with Technical Leads, Architects, other Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment. If you want to be challenged in a fast, Agile environment with other A-Players, then come and consider the Application Development team at Macys.com. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Design, implement, and unit test both UI & server-side J2EE/Java web application code.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Deliver project assignments on time and with high quality.
- Collaborate with Architects and other Software Engineering resources in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
- Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
- A customer-centric mentality/passion for building products with great UX
- An engineering mindset and strong consideration of the tradeoffs present in every decision
- Strong, supported, opinions about the right ways to do things that you aren’t afraid to defend
- Work with the Technical Lead to create and own system design documentation following standard templates; take initiatives to periodically review and recommend improvements to the templates as needs arise and to keep all documentation up-to-date.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 7 yrs. experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 3 yrs. experience.
- 6 + yrs. experience with jQuery and jQuery UI, Ajax.
- 3+ yrs. Experience with Java/J2EE Application Development.
- 3+ yrs. experience with Front End Frameworks.
- Solid understanding of Accessibility concerns and SEO fundamentals.
- Experience with modern browser technologies and cross platform challenges.
- 2+ yrs. experience with versioning tool like Git, build tools like NPM, grunt.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins.
- 3+ yrs. experience with templating paradigms such as Mustache, Handlebars.
- Experience with CSS preprocessing frameworks such as SASS/SCSS or LESS.
- Strong understanding of design patterns: Object-oriented development, client-side MVC.
- Familiarity with Foundation CSS, Node.js and Express.js
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Strong UI, design focused and able to define UI road map.
- Backbone or Vue experience preferred.
- Experience working on highly performant UX and mobile enabled web is desirable.
- Web experience in Retail or other high-volume customer facing web applications a strong plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, customer focused environment.
- Passionate advocate of TDD practices a strong plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy’s Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you’re interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it’s really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Apparel & Fashion
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1