Software Engineering Manager – Customer Apps, Direct Service & Claims
We are looking for an Engineering Manager, Customer Apps, to develop teams of full-stack engineers for the Direct Service & Claims portfolio in our Digital organization. Our group strives to build engaging digital services and capabilities for our U.S. platform users. Your teams build features such as online policy changes, pay your bill online, policy insurance coverage comparison tools, and obtaining insurance documents and information relevant toward making an educated decision about your insurance policy online. In this role, you’ll also collaborate closely with other platform and feature teams based in Boston, NH Seacoast, Seattle, Indianapolis, and Belfast, Ireland.
You are responsible to the people on your team: supporting the growth of engineers, removing obstacles, doing valuable work and providing for the Best Place To Work https://libertymutualgroup.com/careers/working-here/awards-and-recognition . You are accountable for the delivery of quality software that brings value to Liberty Mutual and our platform users. You ensure that your squads make performant and scalable technology choices. As a leader in this consumer-centric part of the organization, you keep the focus on providing customer value by urging and supporting a development process based on A/B testing, fast iteration, analytics, and user research.
Most importantly, you’ll be engaged in meaningful work for a company that is committed to “helping people live safer, more secure lives”, every day.
What You’ll Do
- Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent
- Work closely with teams, product owners, agile coaches, and other partners to ensure we rapidly deliver exceptional products
- Help drive innovation in teams
- Grow the technical expertise of your teams
- Help with establishing and advocating the best quality engineering practices across the organization
- Who you are:
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for our users
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You are a leader, a coach, and a mentor for software development teams
- You can foster a strong engineering culture in an agile environment
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about current frameworks, technology, and industry trends
- You want to make an impact
Some Other Bits
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree with at least 5-7 years of experience building web and distributed system applications
- You have experience with modern programming concepts including microservices, containerization, service monitoring, serverless, event-driven programming, CQRS pattern, and DevOps via CI/CD and automation
- You may have experience leading development teams working via front-end applications in ReactJS and understand the intricacies of the React ecosystem
Benefits & Culture:
At Liberty Mutual’s Boston Tech Hub we embrace all of the values of our Fortune 100 company and push our practices and technology skill sets to the next level. In our Digital organization, we are an Agile set of teams dedicated to helping impact the lives of thousands of customers every day. We embrace a modern co-working style with exceptional work/life balance, ergonomic work areas, substantial benefits, and best-in-class amenities; we are headquartered at our new WeWork space on Boylston Street in Back Bay.
Liberty Mutual is one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen one of the Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads and one of the Best Places to Work http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit:
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1