The Manager, Software Engineering at Macy’s Technology reports to the Director, Software Engineering, and plays a key role in leading the software engineering technical direction and integration of enterprise solutions. The Manager, Software Engineering will form effective partnerships across Macy’s Technology. The Manager, Software Engineering will ensure the execution of order management from point-of-order placement through to the fulfillment. This is a high-volume, fast-paced position that requires the combination of exceptional leadership skills and a dedication and commitment to the Customer Order Experience.
The Manager collaborates with various levels of stakeholders (Sr. Leadership, each department’s management, project teams, Infrastructure and Field Services leaders, and enterprise architects) on architecture, requirements, and implementation of application platform features; Possess a combination of systems and technology experience along with strong thought leadership skill to define platform release plans that deliver key enabling features in time to support major initiatives across the enterprise; Evangelize the use of platform features in business application development across East and West Coast departments; Build and lead high performing solution architecture and engineering teams to deliver and support platform features, frameworks, and automations that provide omnichannel applications and services speed and scale; Drive platform innovation in both technology and process; Inspires the teams to achieve outstanding results in a fast paced environment.
- Lead the high-performing software engineering teams in delivery of business impacting applications.
- Provide technical guidance, suggest high level design, and write/review the code.
- Identify new technologies that can improve our products, initiate proofs-of-concept, and communicate the results to the organization.
- Drive technological and cultural change as the company shifts from the legacy systems to cloud micro services.
- Collaborate with product and application teams to analyze requirements and negotiate the priority of new vs. legacy development.
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization.
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of production systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering and 8-10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent prioritization and negotiation skills, capable of managing multiple streams of work in parallel with aggressive timelines.
- 3+ years of experience in managing software development teams in agile environment.
- 5+ years of experience in software development using Java/J2EE technologies.
- Ability to be hands-on in code development activities.
- Experience driving the transformation of legacy systems to cloud micro services.
- Deep technical understanding of the technologies. The list of technology includes but not limited to: Java/J2EE, API, JMS, and Relational/NoSQL/In-memory databases
- Experience with implementing the latest solutions for Omni-Channel Order Management System is a plus.
- Experience working on AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platforms
- Experience in processing large amounts of data in real-time at internet scale for operational and analytic purposes.
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1