Software Development Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead a team developing sophisticated embedded software for connected ecosystem products? Do you enjoy creating premium consumer electronics products that amaze and delight? Does the idea of becoming a key member of a passionate multi-disciplinary team driven to create awesome customer experiences excite you? The Bose Audio for Video Software group is looking for a highly-motivated and self-driven software engineering manager to lead our team.
As a software development manager you will be responsible for a team of software engineers tasked with creating sophisticated products for a connected ecosystem that spans from applications on mobile devices to software embedded on product hardware.
- Full life cycle ownership of software for product portfolio
- Development and maintenance of embedded software aligned with business and manufacturing requirements
- Planning and allocation of resources for concurrent development, technology and maintenance activities.
- Responsible for overall quality of the embedded product software and the end-to-end product experience
- Building and growing team capabilities and capacity to meet current and future needs
- Relationship building with key stakeholders and cross functional partners
- Identify individual potential then nurture and develop their capabilities to create our future technologists and leaders.
- Team performance, efficiency and effectiveness
- Both interdisciplinary and Intradisciplinary communication facilitation for cross-functional product and platform development teams.
- Development process definition, enforcement and continuous improvement
- Functional management experience of teams comprised of 30+ direct reports
- Experience hiring and developing software engineers and engineering leaders
- Experience managing distributed software engineering teams (including international)
- Hands-on software development experience (C, C++ preferred)
- Embedded product development (HW/SW/production alignment)
- Program management skills (planning, risk management, communicating, resource allocation)
- Relationship building with stakeholders and development partners
- Software quality management and methodologies
- Managing full product lifecycle
- Development Planning
- Initial product development
- Production readiness and release
- Continued engineering of features, improvements and quality enhancement
- Software development process and methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree CS/CE, master’s degree CS/CE preferred
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company’s pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1