2018 Solaria Labs Data Science Coop
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn’t just a part of our business, it’s what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual.
The economy is being transformed: self-driving cars, the Internet of Things, the Sharing Economy, and an ever-changing set of start-up competitors are all major contributors to the disruption of current business models. In response, Liberty Mutual has established Solaria Labs, an innovation center dedicated to testing new ideas, building products, and launching new companies. Our innovation efforts have gathered quite a buzz in Boston, having been named one of BostInno’s 50 on Fire and featured in publications like the Boston Globe. Solaria Labs is part of a community of innovation, partnering and co-developing with startups, universities like MIT, and data-rich “Smart Cities” like Boston, Chicago, and Singapore. We are looking for innovators who are entrepreneurial, passionate about driving impact, and willing to test and learn. Does building a new future for a Fortune 100 company like Liberty Mutual excite you? If so, join our team!
About The Role
The Data Science co-op will support applied science efforts for Solaria Labs in a diverse set of challenges broadly related to public health, safety, and trust. Many of the concepts we develop require novel use of Liberty Mutual and partner data, and the application of current and emerging machine learning techniques to build predictive models and other previously inconceivable product offerings. You will interact with engineering teams to implement your solutions within internal and customer facing software products.
- Knowledge with data science or machine learning libraries
- Ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely
- Has a value-driven perspective with regard to understanding of work context and impact
Location: Solaria Labs, Boston, MA
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Informatics, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Mathematics or other related technical programs
- Strong technical, analytical, communication, & organizational skills
- Experience with information systems, software applications and analyzing quantitative information
Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1