Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for Big Data and Analytics Solutions Architects for their UK customers. If you have experience in designing the architecture of data and analytics platforms, leveraging tools such as Apache Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch, or real-time events processing platforms such as Apache Storm or Kafka, and are interested in helping customers embrace cloud technologies, come and talk to them. Specialist Solutions Architects work with AWS’s partners and customers to accelerate their cloud transformation. They engage in a wide range of activities around their domain of expertise, providing technical advice to customers, helping the internal and external communities, presenting AWS publicly on their domain, and providing a preferred path between AWS service teams and customers.
This is an opportunity to join Amazon’s technical teams, working with their engineers on the new services that power the cloud ecosystem, while developing your skills and furthering your career within what they believe to be one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies. This role will specifically focus on AWS Services for Real-Time and Batch-based Big Data processing, Business Intelligence, and Machine Learning, and on helping their customers and partners build innovative Solutions and Businesses.
As a Big Data and Analytics Specialist Solutions Architect (SA), you will help customers select the technologies that will support their business requirements. Part of the Specialist Solutions Architecture team, you will work closely with the other Specialist SAs on Big Data, Databases, Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, or Security, as well as the Business Development teams, to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption of AWS for their platforms. You will interact with other SAs, providing guidance on their customer engagements by developing white papers, blogs, reference implementations, and presentations to enable customers and 3rd parties to fully leverage the AWS platform. You will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population, to help them understand how to integrate AWS solutions into customer architectures.
Candidates have a mix of communication and technical skills and will have the ability to engage with customers at different levels in the organization, from executive to developer. Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required, provided you have experience building large scale solutions. You will get the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers at customers, partners, and AWS service teams, influencing their roadmaps and driving innovation.
Roles and responsibilities
- Customers’ trusted advisor: collaborate with AWS account, training, and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Redshift, Kinesis, SageMaker, Glue, S3, DynamoDB, and the Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Business partner: serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform.
- Public engagement: provide thought leadership on Analytics solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of a contribution to external publications such as the AWS Blogs, Whitepapers, and Reference architectures, or public presentations at AWS Summits, AWS re: Invent, AWS User Groups or industry events
- Community player: capture and share best-practices, participate, and contribute as a member of the worldwide AWS technical community of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
- Service team point of contact: act as a conduit between the AWS Service teams and the customers, providing detailed guidance for the broader field organization and the customers, and acting as an advocate for the customers towards the central teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Implementation and tuning experience in the Big Data / Apache Hadoop ecosystem (including tools such as Hadoop Streaming, Spark, Pig, and Hive), or in the Real-time ecosystem (with tools such as Amazon Kinesis, Apache Kafka, Flink, Storm)
- Proven experience on database and analytics technologies in the industry (such as Data Warehousing, MPP, Relational, OLTP, OLAP, and NoSQL databases), on commercial or open source solutions (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Databases, IBM DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, HBase, Snowflake, or Amazon Databases), and on different stages of the lifecycle (Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimisation, Data Migration and Integration)
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies, and apply them to provide the best business outcomes for customers
- Ability to formulate and communicate ideas clearly in a business environment, including presenting in front of varied internal and external audiences
- Business fluent English is required for customer interactions, internal communication, and collaboration with the worldwide teams
- Technical degree in computer science, math, or engineering such as a Master’s degree
- Hands-on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects, such as projects in the software development or Internet industries
- Scripting/Programming skills – Python, Java, Scala, Go
- Deep understanding of the technical and use case differences between OLTP, OLAP, in-memory, columnar, MPP, NoSQL, big data batch and streaming data stores and their impact on application design and performance
- Experience in designing, deploying or managing Data Lake platforms in complex environments
- Understanding of security practices related to data ingestion, storage, analysis and visualization
- Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups. AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1