The Solutions Architect leads designs and implements architecture and owns the strategies and technology roadmap for technology initiatives. The primary areas of focus include core development, design and direction of applications, integration and database architecture, and alignment of architecture with the web sites, mobile applications, and foundational Macy’s Inc. technology, as well as alignment with the overall Macy’s Inc enterprise vision and roadmap.
Solutions Architect partner and heavily collaborate with other Architects within MST (Macy’s systems and technology team) as well as technology decision-makers to guide overall direction of the larger technology direction aligned with business objectives and high-level technology solution direction. They work closely with System Specialist, Senior Analysts, other Software Analysts and Management in a highly collaborative environment.
The Solutions Architect who will be working across the entire JDA suite of products (Warehouse Management, Demand-Planning, Allocation, Replenishment, Transportation, Forecasting, Demand Classification, and Collaboration).The Solutions Architect will be playing a technical/functional role and help with the drive the integrations customizations across business. Design, develop, and deploy supply chain business processes to make demand and supply planning systems more streamlined and efficient. The Solution Architect with be able to validate the requirements to match with the functional specifications with the project solutions. Design and develop functional specifications for modification, interfaces, reports and screens to ensure smooth integration between technical and functional business requirements. Create and modify procedural and system documentation through projects. Conduct business process analysis and design, construction, validation, and deployment phases of projects. Design, test, deliver, support, and maintain our JDA suite. Perform other duties as assigned.
Operations and Support Skills
- Configure, model and test forecasting/demand planning requirements in JDA suite of products (i.e. Warehouse management, Allocation, Demand Planning, Transportation, Collaboration).
- Lead business and functional requirements gathering. Translate them into functional/ technical design for implementation leveraging JDA Demand modules.
- Participate in project planning activities for JDA related activities.
- Co-ordinate with integration, JDA cloud teams and various stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of JDA Demand solution.
- Leading design, configuration, implementation, and support of JDA Suite of Products as it relates to technology business within functional business requirements.
- Can demonstrate and facilitate integration discussions of product functionality and product architecture (i.e. Show data and process flow from one JDA solution to another).
- Collaborate with other architects and technologists to align design and roadmap with larger technology direction and roadmap.
- Work with business and production management to understand end user needs and future business direction.
- Ability to estimate effort of task level implementation activities that are within the scope of the project and recommend appropriate role to execute those tasks.
- Will be responsible for coaching and mentor individuals to build a strong cross-functional organization.
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives. Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way.
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs and ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Commit to overall deliverables with customers and/or management; support evaluation of new technical directions and approaches and make recommendation to senior Macy’s Technology management.
- Establish systems to monitor the operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides (or arranges for) proactive maintenance; lead the resolution of customer inquiries.
- Establish standards & best practices, design guidelines/principles and patterns.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the applications and technical architectures.
- Evaluate the applicability of leading edge technologies and use this information to significantly influence future business strategies.
- Generate technical and/or business systems knowledge and ideas from external sources and incorporate those ideas into IT work.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering and 10+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of In-depth experience in configurations, build, re-designing ,system integration testing , user acceptance testing and Go-Live with JDA suite.
- 3+ years of experience as a Solution Architect in a core area of JDA suite of products (Warehouse Management or JDA Demand-Planning or Allocation or Transportation or Forecasting or Demand classification or Collaboration) with a high level of demonstrated performance.
- In-depth experience in configurations, build, re-designing ,system integration testing , user acceptance testing and Go-Live with JDA suite.
- Experience in working on Experience working on AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platforms would be a plus.
- Experience supporting multiple application environments with high level of complexity (e.g. many interfaces, multiple packages).
- Excellent computer skills with in-depth knowledge of operating systems, client/server technology, systems, Integration and Middleware technologies and applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Ability to perform solid analysis/troubleshooting to determine code and process inefficiencies.
- Ability to consider options and make decisions to improve user functionality.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Independently identifies, defines, and performs analysis to resolve code issues.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Apparel & Fashion
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1