Join high-energy data science and business experts in Lincoln’s Group Protection Data Analytics group as they drive business value and innovation through analytics. Using enterprise-caliber data science tools, as the Consultant – Business Analytics & Data Science, you will consult on and provide direction on projects/initiatives for the design, development, and delivery of advanced analytics and predictive modeling that enables the business to make data-based decisions. As part of the Claims Analytics team you will research, prototype, architect, and complex analytics within Lincoln’s Group Protection area to create high-impact business value. In addition to collaboration with other team members, you will have high-profile engagement across the enterprise including Claims, Finance, IT, Distribution, and others.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Builds, implements, and maintains predictive and statistical models to identify business opportunities and solve complex business problems.
- Develops modeling techniques for pattern recognition, prediction, and classification.
- Produces complex solutions, solves business problems and finds patterns and insights from the analysis of structured and unstructured data.
- Develops visualizations of data to effectively communicate findings and insights to senior executives, managers, and key stakeholders.
- Uses data-mining techniques to collect and compile data from a wide variety of data repositories.
- Provides expertise and collaborates with stakeholders to define data collection and analysis requirements and establish adequate business understanding to provide effective analysis.
- Creates models to optimize data accuracy, validates its purpose, and confirms its significance to the business.
- Identifies and interprets complex developments, variances, and trends; researches inconsistencies/anomalies in the data and presents findings to management.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department, and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
Education & Experience
- Graduate degree (in Statistics, Data Science, Advanced Analytics, Econometrics/Economics, Applied Mathematics, Actuarial Science) desirable but not required.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s) in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, or Information Systems (Minimum Required)
- 3 – 5+ Years of advanced analytics, modeling, and/or data mining experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of this position. (Required)
- Proficiency with, or the proven ability to learn, a major programming language appropriate for data science (e.g.; R, Python, SAS) to manipulate data and draw insights.
- Knowledge of data mining including the utilization of third party data sources.
- Data transformation skills and knowledge of big data platforms (e.g. Spark, Hadoop)
- Hands-on experience applying statistical machine learning techniques on structured and unstructured data
- Ability to blend advanced math and statistics, machine learning, computer science, and research skills together to create impactful insights.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers, and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1