Ever wondered how Amazon offers the Earth’s biggest selection and still manages to offer lower prices every day to their customers? Their retail business teams work with a massive array of vendors and business financial performance metrics to expand selection and drive costs lower. Given the rapid growth of our business, this requires their category leaders, financial analysts, site merchandisers, and vendor managers to quickly analyze vendors, categories, and brands, diving deep into data showing business efficiency down to the unit sale level. The technology that enables this has huge visibility and impact and is critical to Amazon’s continued profitability and growth.
They’re working on the future. If you are seeking an environment where you can drive innovation. If you want to apply state-of-the-art software technologies to solve real-world problems. If you want the satisfaction of providing visible benefit to end-users in an iterative fast-paced environment, this is your opportunity. The responsibilities of this role will be key in paving the future of Amazon Retail and transforming how they do business.
You will be part of a team of creative, top-notch software developers to work hard, have fun, and make history. Software engineers at Amazon are more than just order takers; they see a problem and leverage innovative technology to address it. You will be working with very large data sets, well beyond the scalability limits of conventional relational databases. They’re looking for people who innovate, love, solving hard problems, and never take “no” for an answer.
Their team is within Consumer Financial Intelligence Systems and develops sophisticated tools for the Amazon Retail businesses, supporting deep-dive analysis, vendor negotiations, and business planning towards enhancement at the bottom line. They also provide financial and operational reports to Amazon retail vendors worldwide.
To learn more about Financial Intelligence Systems, visit their page at http://bit.ly/AmazonFIS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or similar.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in Data Engineering and Business Intelligence
- 3+ years in with Advanced SQL (analytical functions), ETL, data warehousing.
- Advanced data analysis skills – e.g. pivot table.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT, and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures, data modeling, and performance tuning.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Experience in working with Big Data
- Knowledge and experience in working with Hive and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Knowledge of Spark
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1