State Street Global Technology Operations (GTO) – Process Excellence Office (PXO) is seeking a skilled and proven Sr. Data Engineer. The individual contributor in this role will architect, design, develop, and support multiple solutions within the PXO. The candidate will be required to have a proven track record of delivery of technically advanced solutions in support of multiple, simultaneous initiatives within the PXO which span multiple disciplines and business lines. The candidate should have the ability to quickly get a solid understanding of existing and future State Street business, application, and infrastructure environment.
What You Will Be Responsible For
As Sr Data Engineer you will
- Lead the design, development, and support of complex Data Engineering projects.
- Consult with business unit management as needed to analyze requirements and identify the optimal technical solution to fit within existing technologies and comply with overall strategic direction.
- Ensure clear and concise expression of design decisions to development, business teams, and senior IT management.
- Proactively ensure minimum delays in systems deliverables, focuses on performance optimization for the total system.
- Provide subject matter expertise in addressing complex projects and issues that encompass a wide range of internal and external systems, components, and processes.
- Set direction in evaluating and leveraging industry best practices.
- May participate in technical architecture reviews of current and prospective systems, and the establishment of corporate technology standards.
What They Value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Creative and innovative with strong analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to frame complex problems and develop recommended solutions.
- Very strong technology insights with demonstrated ability to work across business lines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Results-oriented ownership mentality.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work in a team environment (including a global work model) and to interact and influence peers, managers, and senior leaders.
- Demonstrated experience working in an environment managing multiple, concurrent deliverables with shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to learn new business and technology.
- Experience working in various team delivery models including both waterfall and Agile.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or another analytical discipline
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong technology background including programming skills in Java, SQL, as well as data storage such as RDBMS (Oracle).
- Experience in some combination of the following: ETL, data warehouse design, DB design/data modeling, web services (REST API), MQ, streaming data processing, and microservices.
- Experience with Python, Big Data stack, Hadoop, and visualization tools are a plus.
- Core analytics skills such as machine learning, analytic models, predictive algorithms, correlation models, and data mining are a plus.
Their technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for their business to deliver data and insights to their clients. They’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence, and robotics process automation.
They offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. They’re looking for top technical talent to join their team and deliver creative technology solutions that help them become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join them if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems, and make your mark on their industry.
About State Street
What they do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation they’re making their mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, they’ve been helping their clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. They provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live, and Grow. They make all efforts to create a great work environment. Their benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to a flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And their wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility. They truly believe their employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both their organization and their clients. They warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1